Do Contributing members get ad-free browsing??
May 6, 2010 at 7:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

markkr

1000+ Head-Fier
I contributed a few years back, but the new ads are driving me crazy... might make me contribute again.

May 6, 2010 at 7:39 AM Post #2 of 6
yeah, I do feel lately there's too many advertising on the site.  with the new layout they seem more prominent...
I really don't like the gear list on my homepage, feels like i am on amazon or something. and also the featured review. I wish we could customize those sections on our homepage to things we like. 

May 6, 2010 at 7:44 AM Post #3 of 6
I didn't realize I wasn't supposed to post this here, Jude opened a new forum for fixes, problems, and questions of this nature.

May 6, 2010 at 9:48 AM Post #4 of 6
There was a level of Contributing Membership in the old system that allowed most ads to be removed.  It was called the Ad-Lite style, and it was available to those who were Contributing Member 3 or Contributing Member 4 (assuming you were familiar with the fact that there were four levels).

Those who were still within their Contributing Member 3 and Contributing Member 4 subscriptions at the time of the transfer have that option available.

Over the next couple of days, I'll be deciding on what subscription(s) will be available here.

In the future, for feedback and bugs, please use the Feedback & Bug Reports Forum.

May 6, 2010 at 11:45 AM Post #5 of 6
Got to admit I'm not a fan of the new layout. Like said, the adverts are too prominent and I@m really not interested in the latest reviews or "what users want"... I understand whoever runs the forum has costs to cover, etc, and I don't mind a few adverts here and there but as it stands with the new layout the right-hand side third of the browser is useless. All my post are crammed into 2/3rd's the usual space and it  also doesn't help that the Avatar/username section is massive, bigger than the actual post content most of the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back