Do any Head-Fiers make LOD cables?
Jun 6, 2009 at 9:45 AM Post #17 of 24
honestly.. I don't think you'd notice a difference. We are talking about a 6" run of cable at most. As long as it is soldered well and there is something to keep any shorting from occurring (liquid electrical / hot glue, whatever) then you should be golden.

Jun 6, 2009 at 10:40 AM Post #19 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by AfricanProphet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So you are saying that using one of These is as good as a head-fi LOD? I dunno...I lean towards the skeptical side ("could you tell in a blind test") bust there has to be SOME difference between cables, right?

I have something very similar to that as well as a custom made. The one that you point out on Ebay works fine. If money is an issue, it is perfectly ok to my ears for Ipods. The biggest problem with them is the cable breaks internally very easily because the are SO thin. I have no idea why these firms make them so feeble. But hey - at that price, buy 5!!!!

Ian

Jun 6, 2009 at 4:02 PM Post #20 of 24
I'm all for doing it yourself. It isn't nearly as hard as you'd think if you follow the directions. It takes me all of 7 minutes to make one.

I think I remember Germania saying that specific LOD only worsened the sound.

Jun 7, 2009 at 1:25 AM Post #21 of 24
DIY can be one of the most fun things you can try but let's also lay out the hard with the easy. When it comes to soldering the tiny little pins on the inside of the dock end of an LOD, it can get pretty tedious. I've messed up a couple on that learning curve. Unless you really want to try your hand at it My recommendation is to buy a medium priced one made up already. There is an eBay seller named "awaan" that makes a nice cheap well built LOD. I'm at work right now or I'd post a link.

Jun 9, 2009 at 2:13 PM Post #23 of 24

Users who are viewing this thread

Back