Do all closed back Headphones make ears hot?
Oct 17, 2009 at 11:01 PM Post #16 of 22
just bought some denon ah-d7000
they sound so good that i couldnt give a s... if my ears get hot!
smily_headphones1.gif

but they dont anyway.

Oct 18, 2009 at 12:42 AM Post #19 of 22
My experience is that closed phones make my ears - and then my whole head - hot. Velour pads help. I like them better, so nice and fuzzy.
smily_headphones1.gif

I can wear my DT990's for hours at a go without getting overheated.

Oct 18, 2009 at 1:44 AM Post #20 of 22
Depends on a few things (how tightly they clamp, pads material). I have the DT770 and they don't even get warm with the velour pads. Though if you order the gel pads they do get warm (they form a better seal).

Oct 18, 2009 at 1:45 AM Post #21 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by chinesekiwi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No. I've worn my DT880/600's for 5 and half hours straight now and not one drop of sweat.

Isn't the DT880 open?

Oct 18, 2009 at 2:01 AM Post #22 of 22
I'm currently using IEMs (JVC Marshmallow), but for a while had gone through several pairs of Panasonic RP-HT355 headphones (and before that had a Sony MDR-360 which I just came across the other day). Quite often, especially while wearing my headphones outside on a summer day here several miles east of San Diego, CA, my ears would be sweating almost Niagara Falls after a half hour of mowing the lawn, for example. I'm sure the temperatures of 95-105+°F (and a couple summers ago we had a few days up to around 115°F or a little hotter, but I don't think it quite touched 120°F) didn't help, either. So far I haven't had the problem with my IEMs at all (except the inside of my ears sweating sometimes and "lubricating" so the IEMs (including the Phonak Audeo PFEs I had before the JVCs) break the seal and eventually fall out). If I was going to switch back to a closed-back headphone, is there a type of earpad that would be more forgiving in this type of weather and use? (The type that sit on the ear would not work for me, as my brother had a pair and I tried them, and I just don't like that type. I prefer my ear to be completely inside the ear cup.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back