Do adapters reduce quality?
Apr 15, 2021 at 2:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

rickydenim

100+ Head-Fier
I am looking at getting the Oyaide D+ Class A USB cable for my audio interface but they only do a USB C - C cable, and I need it to be C - A. Would using a C- A adapter impact the quality at all?

Apr 22, 2021 at 8:01 PM Post #2 of 5
Hi three things since nobody answered

1. in general, analog adapters reduce quality but whether you can hear it depends on the quality of the adapters and exactly what you're doing with them.
2. in general digital adapters have no effect on quality, but badly designed adapters can wreak havoc on signal quality
3. since I answered, 100 other people will now post information, opinion, insults, and comments totally opposite to, or having nothing to do with what I wrote.

:)

Apr 22, 2021 at 8:09 PM Post #4 of 5
Hi three things since nobody answered

1. in general, analog adapters reduce quality but whether you can hear it depends on the quality of the adapters and exactly what you're doing with them.
2. in general digital adapters have no effect on quality, but badly designed adapters can wreak havoc on signal quality
3. since I answered, 100 other people will now post information, opinion, insults, and comments totally opposite to, or having nothing to do with what I wrote.

:)
Haha! Thanks for taking the time to give your thoughts, appreciate it. I did buy the cable and I've found a Satechi adapter on Amazon that should fit the bill so will see how it gets on!

Apr 22, 2021 at 8:11 PM Post #5 of 5
Don't take it personally. The forum is really not what it used to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back