DNA Sonett 2
Mar 11, 2014 at 4:48 AM Post #61 of 157
Since I paid my deposit to Donald North this morning, I think the first thing to do is to subscribe to this thread.  
redface.gif

So. Here am I ! 
beerchug.gif

Mar 11, 2014 at 2:15 PM Post #62 of 157
Great news Sorrodje..get patient now
popcorn.gif

Mar 11, 2014 at 3:40 PM Post #63 of 157
Now i must find money. 
biggrin.gif

Mar 11, 2014 at 4:45 PM Post #64 of 157
and i know what you'll have to do...
wink.gif

Mar 22, 2014 at 4:06 PM Post #67 of 157
Congratulations, Sorrodje!  It will be well worth the $$ and the short wait.

very cool Sonett video, Eee Pee! Thanks for sharing that.

Apr 19, 2014 at 10:13 PM Post #68 of 157
Hey all!

I suggest anyone who has the Sonett and a pari of the new Shures give it a whirl because these it is the best I have heard these IEMS sound to date. I have bunch of portable amps and desk top amps and the Sonett blows them out of the water. Check it out, I was surprised and I think yiou will be too. 

May 9, 2014 at 4:18 PM Post #69 of 157
I understand that this amp is particularly good with Senns, but I also have some Grado's, how does it sound with those, if anybody has heard them on this amp that is.

May 9, 2014 at 4:48 PM Post #70 of 157
I tried some Grado variant with my Sonett (not Sonett 2) and besides not caring for Grado's sound too much anymore, I don't think I last more than a few minutes.  But that was the Grado's fault.  But really what will (possibly/likely) be happening is a poor match due to the relatively higher output impedance of the Sonett and relatively low impedance of the Grados not playing nicely and the dampening factor is all but thrown out the window.

May 17, 2014 at 6:23 AM Post #71 of 157
I have read impressions previously from folks that enjoyed Sonett and Grado -- perhaps different strokes.....
In any case, I just wonna say that I listened to the my Sonett at work yesterday with AKGk702 (which is now few years old and well burned in) and it was SOOOOOO good! Even though I have some other TOTL amps and headphones, i think that I would still be very happy if I only had the Sonett and my AKG. I can't believe that there aren't more new owners posting about this gem. 

May 21, 2014 at 1:28 PM Post #72 of 157

I think I'm officially in the Sonett 2 Club
beerchug.gif

May 21, 2014 at 5:16 PM Post #73 of 157
Congrats!  Didn't take tooooo long really (I was kinda of keeping track).  Feel free to share some thoughts.  You know you wanna.  Like the blue?

May 21, 2014 at 5:31 PM Post #74 of 157
  Congrats!  Didn't take tooooo long really (I was kinda of keeping track).  Feel free to share some thoughts.  You know you wanna.  Like the blue?

Very first thoughts ( 2 hours of travelling through my music ) : My HD800 sounds smooooootas butter but clear and I feel a serious improvement in soundstage ( deeper , more layered with something more real.  I was a bit afraid of what what I read here or there about the Sonett. i was afraid to have bought a more expensive Vali i really didn't like. I was definitely wrong. The DNA sound smooth and the Metrum/DNA Sonett Combo gives my HD800 a great overall tone. both meaty and creamy and it seems that some music I didn't really enjoy previously sounds now amazingly with the new combo.

Everyone should take what I say with a big grain of salt. New toy effect , Honeymoon , personal bias can strongly affect my opinion :wink:

Fortunately the blue color don't bother me. I like the fact that Daniel likes that his gear has a very distinctive appearance :)

May 22, 2014 at 6:04 AM Post #75 of 157
Very first thoughts ( 2 hours of travelling through my music ) : My HD800 sounds smooooootas butter but clear and I feel a serious improvement in soundstage ( deeper , more layered with something more real.  I was a bit afraid of what what I read here or there about the Sonett. i was afraid to have bought a more expensive Vali i really didn't like. I was definitely wrong. The DNA sound smooth and the Metrum/DNA Sonett Combo gives my HD800 a great overall tone. both meaty and creamy and it seems that some music I didn't really enjoy previously sounds now amazingly with the new combo.

Everyone should take what I say with a big grain of salt. New toy effect , Honeymoon , personal bias can strongly affect my opinion :wink:

Fortunately the blue color don't bother me. I like the fact that Daniel likes that his gear has a very distinctive appearance :)
I would not worry about the "honey moon" ending. I had my Sonett for years and still love it and listen to it. And this is after buying other more expensive amps. Also it's only Sonett mk1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back