DJ headphones, built in mic what?!
May 18, 2008 at 8:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

jmmtn4aj

Headphoneus Supremus
So last night I caught Steve Aoki at a local club, and I realised that he was shouting into one of the earcups of his monitors (as in holding it to his mouth like a mask), and it pretty much functioned as a mic. Any idea what headphones do this? The phones looked like Ultrasones (the hinges that allow it to be folded, at least they looked like hinges), whitish, with a white cable.

Or did he simply plug the jack into a mic port turning the dynamic drivers into dynamic microphones?

May 19, 2008 at 4:59 AM Post #2 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by jmmtn4aj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Or did he simply plug the jack into a mic port turning the dynamic drivers into dynamic microphones?

I have a feeling he did that =P Since they basically use the the same principle to work.

May 19, 2008 at 7:33 AM Post #3 of 11
A speaker is just a big mic really, it can work both ways.....and omg did i just say that...

May 19, 2008 at 8:00 AM Post #5 of 11
59767.jpg

Maybe?

This is just a WESC DJ Pro phone, but it was endorsed by Aoki. Could be based off of whatever he was using.

May 24, 2008 at 9:43 AM Post #6 of 11
Headphones (and cheap earphones) can work as microphones, but there's a high chance of them dying after a while.

Also, cheap earbuds might be a better candidate for emergency speech recording as smaller microphones are usually more sensitive.

May 24, 2008 at 9:44 AM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by HighLife /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A speaker is just a big mic really, it can work both ways.....and omg did i just say that...

With some kicks on the speaker...

wink.gif

May 24, 2008 at 9:48 AM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by HighLife /img/forum/go_quote.gif

that's what i understand. Stick a mic into a headphone socket, and visa versa.

May 24, 2008 at 2:04 PM Post #10 of 11

Users who are viewing this thread

Back