DJ headphone wanted
Jan 4, 2008 at 5:27 PM Post #16 of 26
I trust you about the DJ1 but it is not proposed in France.

I have tested the Technics, but the quality seemed not to be good despite a sound that I found great.

So, a headphone like the Technics but with better quality would be good ^^

Jan 4, 2008 at 5:34 PM Post #17 of 26
ah, man
frown.gif
you may want to try:

eBay My World - audiovideogiant

when they list another pai, offer them about 150 USD and good luck!

eric b

Jan 4, 2008 at 5:54 PM Post #18 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by e-dub /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ah, man
frown.gif
you may want to try:

eBay My World - audiovideogiant

when they list another pai, offer them about 150 USD and good luck!

eric b

Yeah "good luck" as you say!
biggrin.gif

So, at the moment, I don't know what to take
frown.gif

Edit : I found this http://home.arcor.de/tao47/15%20Clos...%20Reviews.pdf
It is said that the sound of the AKG is good...
The only problem is this supraaura design :xf_mad:

Jan 4, 2008 at 10:23 PM Post #20 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by deviationer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sony MDR-V700DJ ?

SonyStyle.com | Studio Monitor Series DJ Headphones

(shop around, you can find them much cheaper)

For DJ things, Sony MDR-V500/V700 are the best, (may be also V6, 7506, 7509 are not bad too)

Cons: there're flimsy ^^

EDIT: They don't have the removable cable, maybe not for you
tongue.gif

EDIT: (FR) T'as regardé ici?: SMS France - Ultrasone DJ 1 PRO

Jan 5, 2008 at 2:52 AM Post #22 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPC_Skeeder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For DJ things, Sony MDR-V500/V700 are the best, (may be also V6, 7506, 7509 are not bad too)

Cons: there're flimsy ^^

EDIT: They don't have the removable cable, maybe not for you
tongue.gif

EDIT: (FR) T'as regardé ici?: SMS France - Ultrasone DJ 1 PRO

that's a good price, check this out, too:

SMS France - Ultrasone DJ 1

eric b

Jan 5, 2008 at 10:17 PM Post #23 of 26
I had to come back into this thread. Went back to the start and read your first posting. As I understand it you want a set of headphones that meet your needs on the move and at home. If I am interpreting your thought process correctly, this resulted in the requirement for the "fold flat" feature and this lead to the DJ headphones.
A few months ago, my son asked me for a new set of headphones for Christmas. He had similar requirements as he would probably use them 70/30 portable/home. We listened to and researched lots of options and decide on the HD25's basically because they sounded best (subjective - I know) and all of the feedback/research on the web indicated that they are the must rugged/mechanically strong option.
I did a direct comparison with the HD650's again today and the HD25's compare favourably - I even preferred them on some tracks.
So my question is - do you really need the fold flat feature? Some of the headphones with this are not well designed and prone to mechanical failure.
Go and have a listen to the HD25's and have a good look at how rugged and portable they are.
One last thought - you might find that you can getting PX100's for portable use and a second set of headphones for home use is a better option

Jan 5, 2008 at 11:15 PM Post #24 of 26
I have been using the sennheiser hd-25 for mixing records for about 2 years now and I love them. They are really accurate in whatever frequency range you want to mix, to accommodate different styles of music. They isolate pretty good as well. You also couldn't break them if you tried, and easily go around the neck when you don't need them on. The cable that they come with stock is quite short, so you might want to get the longer (3 meter) cable that is available from sennheiser, which also is copper. You can get velour pads for them to add a bit of comfort. The split headband design is really quite nice, you cant shake these off your head.

To conclude...get some hd-25's!

Avoid: Technics RPDH1200- heavy, real poor durability (mine broke in 2 months), mediocre sound quality.

Jan 9, 2008 at 2:27 AM Post #26 of 26
I say the HD-25 II. The left earpiece can swing up or down when you need to listen outside the phones and it's cable enters on one side. Sound quality is nice as well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back