Dj Headphone suggestions...
Jan 3, 2002 at 9:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 39

El~Zapo

New Head-Fier
Ok, I had originally planned on getting the Sony V6, however being in Canada, I can't find them unless I get the 7506 for around $180 CDN. Out of my price range.
frown.gif

I guess I'm going to scrap that plan, and go for something cheaper. I now require headphones that meet this criteria:

1) Dj swivel-cup feature (or similar)
2) Able to block outside noise
3) Comfortable
4) Good bass, for beat-matching.
5) Under $100 CDN (before tax)
6) MUST BE READILY AVAILABLE IN CANADA!

I live in the southern Ontario region, if anyone is familiar with it.

Jan 3, 2002 at 10:35 PM Post #2 of 39
Unfortunately, El~Zapo, true DJ headphones priced that low don't exist.
frown.gif
In order to meet that $100 CDN ($60 US) price range, you'll have to sacrifice at least one of your criteria - and that will most likely be point #4; almost all sub-$100 CDN closed headphones will deliver either boomy, bloated, muddy, undefined, uncontrolled bass or very little bass. And you'll have to sacrifice point #1, as well; none of the sub-$100 CDN closed headphones swivel enough in any direction (they swivel some, but nowhere near enough to allow single-sided monitoring).

Jan 3, 2002 at 10:45 PM Post #3 of 39
Hmmm.... that hit me hard. I was hoping for at least one that would do the job... dang.

Well, I came across an online store called Etronics.com today. They have the V6 for $59.99 US, and they ship to Canada. Maybe I will get lucky with that. Any opinions on this store? Oh, and by the way... will I get ripped off big time ordering from the US? I think someone mentioned in one of my other posts that I would, but I gotta make sure.

Jan 3, 2002 at 10:51 PM Post #5 of 39
El~Zapo, I take back some of my comments about point #1:

Some foldable Sony consumer headphones that are readily available in Canada for <$100 CDN (e.g. MDR-V250V, MDR-V300) do swivel up and down like the MDR-V6 that we've all been recommending - but both of those Sonys are freaking uncomfortable, and sound like crap.

Jan 3, 2002 at 10:55 PM Post #6 of 39
I don't know how these sound, maybe others will but, what about Ministry Of Sound Ixos DJ-1004s?

These cost £50, I have no idea what the Canadian exchange rate is, but... well, thats my $0.02 worth anyway!?

Jan 3, 2002 at 11:14 PM Post #7 of 39
Duncan, the exchange rate between the UK and the US is roughly as follows:

£50 (50 UKP) = $75-$80 USD

And I think £50 UKP headphones will be priced just over El~Zapo's $100 CDN price limit.

Jan 3, 2002 at 11:21 PM Post #8 of 39
Technics rp1200 are the answer that you are looking for

alot of bass, very bloated but still very deep

alot of isolation, the damned pads are like squid suction cups

and very versitle with swirving pads, and adjustable per arm headband

very cool
and is a good price

but not audiophile quality
but has more bass than some "15 subs I've heard

Jan 3, 2002 at 11:56 PM Post #11 of 39
Nooooo....

Shell out that much money for the Sennheiser HD25! Which actually is built well and sounds pretty good!!

Sennheiser HD25 has all of them features, 'cept for the price. I stil consider the Sony MDR-V6 a better buy, though...

Jan 3, 2002 at 11:57 PM Post #12 of 39
And let's just say that based on my experience the V700DJ's have all the makings of a very accurate and quite musical-sounding pair of headphones - but the whole seems less, maybe much less, than the sum of their parts.
frown.gif

Jan 4, 2002 at 12:05 AM Post #14 of 39
If I had to sacrifice something, it would be the Dj swivel feature... but on the one condition that I could still use them for one-eared mixing, and they be comfortable.

I might break down and get the V6s.. but are there any more suggestions?

Jan 4, 2002 at 12:06 AM Post #15 of 39
I'm not trying to confuse anyone in these forums, Gluegun - I actually meant that the sound of the V700DJ's doesn't jell together well. In other words, the sound is incoherent. (BTW, I have changed the "sticking out tongue" in my previous post in this thread to a frown.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back