diymod lod wiring help
Apr 9, 2009 at 9:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

dazzer1975

Headphoneus Supremus
Anyone know how to wire up caps into a lod for a diymod?

I wont be bothering with a resistor as its purely for a 5g diymod.

I have pins 2, 3, and 4 and my wire either 3 strand or 4 strand.

Where and how do the caps get wired up between them?

Is it simply one cap connected to right signal then to right signal wire and the other cap connected to left signal and left signal wire?

Apr 10, 2009 at 1:39 AM Post #2 of 3
One cap in serial connection with each channel (left and right). Polarity is not important as you should used bi-polar or non polar caps. Film caps are generally considered the best for the job but you might also want to other kind of caps as well (do a search in the forum to find out which caps are better). If you want to put in resistors, they should be placed downstream of the caps in parallel to each channel and the ground. Here is a picture of the schematic. The wiring is the same but don't use the caps / resistors value listed as they are not for diyMod.

GDdecouple.jpg

Apr 10, 2009 at 1:45 AM Post #3 of 3
superb stuff, serial thats the word my bumbling incompetence was searching for when I was waffling about cap between right signal wire etc etc.

Wicked thanks clieos, im all sorted on the which caps to use for different applications, but I searched through so many posts and pictures trying to find the answer to this and I couldn't, (although I thought I sussed it, a picture doesn't always give definitive answers) so this is great info, thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back