[DIY] Takstar Pro 80 - Removable cable mod.
May 6, 2015 at 9:35 AM Post #16 of 41
Hi thanks again for the very interesting thread
And i sorry but i missed a point ... have you done any internal rewiring in the headphones ?
As i have a very heavy hand with the soldering iron i am sincerely worried about damaging the drivers with
the heat produced by the iron tip and transmitted to the membrane of the drivers through the wirings.
A very delicate operation i guess.
Thanks a lot,  gino

May 6, 2015 at 5:54 PM Post #17 of 41
  Hi thanks again for the very interesting thread
And i sorry but i missed a point ... have you done any internal rewiring in the headphones ?
As i have a very heavy hand with the soldering iron i am sincerely worried about damaging the drivers with
the heat produced by the iron tip and transmitted to the membrane of the drivers through the wirings.
A very delicate operation i guess.
Thanks a lot,  gino

I soldered the existing wires straight to the female jack.

May 7, 2015 at 2:22 AM Post #18 of 41
Hi thanks a lot.
I am always worried to damage the drivers with the heat.

It's me again.  I have cut the stock cable and i am sincerely shocked by the poor quality of wires.
It is a miracle that they work.   I have to buy some cat5 wire to make the short cable close to the headphone with a xlr at the hand.
What a **** of cable. And what a mess of work.  The idea is to build a cable like this to connect the driver and the flying xlr.

then i have already received the mic cable for the extension 

i hope not to burn the drivers.  It will be very tricky.
What a **** of cable really. 
Thanks again,  gino 

May 27, 2015 at 2:34 PM Post #19 of 41
I'm driving to a radio and television technician tomorrow. Asking him to do a detachable cable mod for my Takstar 2050's. I can't take the risk to do It myself. I waited over one month for them to arrive.

Hopefully it won't be too expensive.
wink.gif

I want to use my Takstar headphones with my v-moda boom pro so this is the only way.

Jun 19, 2015 at 5:26 AM Post #20 of 41
So I finally found a chassi that is black instead of silver.

The problem is I don't know If I can use it because It's 3 pins. Do I need a 4 pins chassi or will this work too?

Jun 19, 2015 at 5:52 AM Post #21 of 41
  So I finally found a chassi that is black instead of silver.

The problem is I don't know If I can use it because It's 3 pins. Do I need a 4 pins chassi or will this work too?

Yes it will work. There are only three wires going into the cable; the ground is shared between the 2 channels.

Aug 15, 2015 at 12:11 PM Post #22 of 41
Well I got a problem now. So a technician did the brazing work for me. So I had the problem to reassemble the ear cup. While I was doing it two of the wires lost contact and now I don't how they are connected. The cables which were done by the technician are just fine but the other side which was done in the takstar factory have lost contact.

So DJ Scope I post here a foto of the cup and hope that you can help me out. Help me out where the remaining cables have to be connected.

Can you paint it in or something? I know where the green cable needs to be brazed but the black one?

Aug 15, 2015 at 7:09 PM Post #24 of 41
  Edit: Looks I have another problem after I fixed the mono problem. It sounds like one ear cup is louder than the other.

Sorry mate, I just woke up.

It's good that you've got the mono problem fixed. About the volume problem, all I can say is to try and re solder the whole thing. Though, I shouldn't have removed the wires from the PCB that's on the driver, you run the risk of burning the driver if your soldering iron is too hot. Though, It's completely possible that the soldering joints don't have very good contact. Hopefully that will fix your issue.

Good luck!

Aug 18, 2015 at 9:36 AM Post #26 of 41
  It'll be good to see last photo in a better resolution. Wires are probably soldered in wrong order.

Here's a pic how the wires are connected now.

Well with the first try the left and right channels were inverted. So on my first try the green wire was changed with the black one and the direction was wrong. So I changed the green and and the black wire. The problem now Is like I said the sound in the left ear cup is louder than the right one.

I know the quality of the pic is crap but that's because of the ****ty auto focus from my panasonic lumix camera.

Aug 18, 2015 at 12:29 PM Post #27 of 41
There are 3 reasons why one ear could be louder then the other - 1. inverted phase 2. extra vents or blocked vents 3. driver is damaged.

As far as I can see from your photo (not much, I should say) the right wiring is  (from lower to upper contact on your last photo): 1. Left+ (tip contact from socket)   2. Ground (two wires, copper from the right ear and ground from the socket) 3. Right+, (two wires - red from the right ear and middle contact from socket.).

Aug 24, 2015 at 4:14 AM Post #30 of 41
Pay no attention to colors or "chassi". You just need to be sure that signals from headphone jack are coming to right contacts inside cup. Cause mistake can be in "chassi" soldering. So just check from jack to cup contacts. "Two cables from the black thick wire" are ok, leave them intact.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back