[DIY] Takstar Pro 80 - Removable cable mod.
Sep 23, 2015 at 1:48 PM Post #32 of 41
Great thread. I'll give this a try on my new Pro80's (and probably HI2050 as well if I succeed) when I get the time.

Sep 23, 2015 at 6:07 PM Post #33 of 41
Great thread. I'll give this a try on my new Pro80's (and probably HI2050 as well if I succeed) when I get the time.

Thanks mate! It's a good project which, like the HM pad mod, makes the Pro 80 much more convinient to use!

Feb 23, 2016 at 11:36 AM Post #37 of 41
I've modded two pairs of Takstars now, HI2050 and the Pro 80s both were fairly straight forward. Both sets have been converted to 4 pole mini XLR and I've created new cables for each with interchangeable ends - mini XLR, 3.5mm stereo - in case I decide to get a balanced amp in the future. To avoid cutting I used sugru to secure the socket in the ear cup rather than the nut that came with the XLR. The cable is 26 AWG silver plate PTFE insulated.

Here's some pics, compared to the DT990s I did, these are far more robust. The picture of the 990s shows the interchangeable end piece.

May 8, 2016 at 9:29 AM Post #39 of 41
Thanks for a very helpful article which allowed me to repair my sons Hyperx cloud II headphones with inbuilt mic.
The solution of fitting the socket into the headphones themselves is a far better option than trying to solder a new 4 pole jack to a dodgy cable as the choice of components is superior when it comes to the socket (I used a Lumberg 1502 02 4 pole socket) & the soldering process is less fiddly & part of the old cable can be used to create the new link wires. Then I just used a flat type 4 pole to 4 pole 3.5mm male to male cable in red to complete the repair because if if the jack connections are  faulty you can just send it back to the supplier for a refund or replacement & if it wears out you fit a new one.

May 8, 2016 at 8:04 PM Post #40 of 41
  Thanks for a very helpful article which allowed me to repair my sons Hyperx cloud II headphones with inbuilt mic.
The solution of fitting the socket into the headphones themselves is a far better option than trying to solder a new 4 pole jack to a dodgy cable as the choice of components is superior when it comes to the socket (I used a Lumberg 1502 02 4 pole socket) & the soldering process is less fiddly & part of the old cable can be used to create the new link wires. Then I just used a flat type 4 pole to 4 pole 3.5mm male to male cable in red to complete the repair because if if the jack connections are  faulty you can just send it back to the supplier for a refund or replacement & if it wears out you fit a new one.

That's a good chassis socket. You can also get similar 4P ones with silver or gold plated contacts. I use this plug in my I/O audio switch.

Jul 25, 2016 at 6:58 PM Post #41 of 41

I have the HyperX Cloud II and I would like to mod them to make the cable removable.
Do you remember which wire goes where on the socket (if they were color coded)?
If I connect the wires the wrong way, is there a chance of me ruining the headset?
Any tips you can give me?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back