DIY speakers to die for..
Oct 14, 2001 at 4:11 PM Post #16 of 17
Yes i think Neruda will like the site Budgie posted a link To.He..He.. Hay ya know if you place those speakers face to face and lie down on the Floor between them You could then Call them Fixed Headphones. He.. He.. He.. Just kidding. Although I have listened to Grado SR-60's and My loudspeakers at the Same time. With Proper Volume Adjustment the Sound is quite Good. In fact soundstage just opens up. Now your loudspeakers must be of great quality and Room acoustics taken care of or you will Color the sound of the Grados. Otherwise I do listen like this from time to time. I mean not often Like maby once every few Mo. This is one of the features of open Headphones like grado's i find usefull. As most of you hear Know i Perfer Closed Types. But for nature walks and the above mentioned Method open Air Headphones just cant be Beat. No i leave my speakers in the normal place while listening in this manner But Ya never know i am almost temted to try them face to face then slip on the SR-60's Crank up the Volumes's and see what happens.

Oct 15, 2001 at 12:07 AM Post #17 of 17
Quote:

Originally posted by Apheared
Sorry, I should know better. Chill. I don't care what you talk about building, really I don't. It was a poke at Neruda because he enjoys talking about building amps, but he's really a speaker guy. He understands wood more than schematics, and I just think he prefers speakers over headphones... he gets frustrated with the electronics stuff but watch him go when you start talking speaker building!
smily_headphones1.gif

speakers over headphones? not yet, at least! I can't even afford to build a good pair of speakers myself, let alone buy them prebuilt. same with headphone amps, actually, although they piss me off a lot more! Say, apheared, want to build me an amp?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back