DIY pure silver IC's..... Where to start?
Mar 7, 2004 at 2:22 AM Post #16 of 23
Jbroad,

Hello there. If you email me through my profile I'd be glad to share some design ideas with you that I think you would be very happy with in terms of sound and price.

Mar 7, 2004 at 10:02 PM Post #17 of 23
i agree that's way too much to pay.

i just paid 1.20 CDN per foot of cable which is already shielded and in plastic tubing. all i needed to do was to attach the connectors.

easy peasy!

they sound very good i think. there were no complaints at the meet.

Mar 8, 2004 at 1:16 AM Post #18 of 23
Quote:

Originally posted by tomek
i agree that's way too much to pay.

i just paid 1.20 CDN per foot of cable which is already shielded and in plastic tubing. all i needed to do was to attach the connectors.

Speaking of which I better go down to the store tomorrow and hoard their silver cable before the DIY types buy it all up....
evil_smiley.gif

Mar 8, 2004 at 5:05 AM Post #19 of 23
I just posted a thread in the DIY forums about cheap silver from take five audio. It should still be on the first page. Also, I think you should consider the Venhaus design.

JV.

EDIT: Here is a great example of the design. And here is my thread about silver wire.

Mar 8, 2004 at 6:09 AM Post #20 of 23
Well with the help of Hajime, I've decided to make my own. I'm looking to do 4 strands silver. The design from what I can tell is similar to Venhaus' design. I hear these easily compete with higher dollar interconnects and can be made for around $65. That sounds like a winner to me
biggrin.gif
, Hopefully I will get everything in and can start on them next weekend. I'm going to get the wrap from redcobracables.com, so that definitely puts a smaile on my face. Now just need to decide on the ends. At this rate I'm thinking of making a smaller rca to mini one for my Powerbook---->Pimeta.

Mar 8, 2004 at 3:23 PM Post #21 of 23
There seems to be a lot of cables out there in the mid one hundred dollar range.
Could be competition to the Monster 400 series and up.
I also rec'd a pr of MAS music and sound solid silver cables, they say it used to cost $400 retail, highly doubt that.
Anyway, it's $60 a meter and sounds good so far.
Can be found at audiopartsinc.

Mar 9, 2004 at 2:28 AM Post #22 of 23
Quote:

Originally posted by Lil_JV
I just posted a thread in the DIY forums about cheap silver from take five audio. It should still be on the first page. Also, I think you should consider the Venhaus design.

Thanks for the linkage, unfortunently they are all sold out, ahh well...

Mar 29, 2004 at 1:48 AM Post #23 of 23
They have been sold out for quite some time. Just checked the link - no luck.
frown.gif

Quote:

Originally posted by highflyin9
Thanks for the linkage, unfortunently they are all sold out, ahh well...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back