DIY Planar magnetic heapdhones in details
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 9, 2018 at 4:39 AM Post #424 of 464
Resistance doesn't affect sound, but it affect width of traces. And wide traces = reliability. 10 ohm (without cable) is't a problem for any solid-state or hybrid amp (even iphone drives them decently) . May cause some problems only to tube otl amps.
Well that's good news, I was worried that the resistance would affect the sound. Thanks!

Aug 9, 2018 at 4:41 AM Post #425 of 464
Resistance doesn't affect sound, but it affect width of traces. And wide traces = reliability. 10 ohm (without cable) is't a problem for any solid-state or hybrid amp (even iphone drives them decently) . May cause some problems only to tube otl amps.
Also I have been thinking about a dual magnet system, with this system you double the magnetic force. Am going to upload pictures later as an example.

Aug 10, 2018 at 4:32 PM Post #426 of 464
A minute of boasting :D

Z reviews released a new review of Aune S7 amp and part of this video is a small preview of Verum headphones.

That's just another color on Z reviews (carbon texture).

Watched it all earlier, because I saw the Verum lying on the table to the right =D
For anyone interested about Verum, it begins around 9m:50s

Edit: Any update from Kickstarter? Don't want to miss the launch

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2018 at 5:02 PM Post #427 of 464
Kickstarter will be launched in August, that's for sure. And sure I'll make an announce. Right now I'm editing description and video. Video is also DIY :darthsmile: It's rather hard for me, cause it's a new type of work for me.
Frankly speaking, everything is ready for launch. I just want several reviews to be released to insert links to KS campaign there. Press coverage is vital for success.
Congrats man, I hope it does superb C:

Aug 11, 2018 at 1:55 AM Post #430 of 464
I have my big boy pants on, and it is very hard to keep the pants on because the hype is real! Was there a limit for how many headphones can be bought in the KS campaign and are you gonna put serial number on headphones? That would be helpful, if there is variations. Also as it is kickstarter what are the kickstarter tiers gonna be? pay more and get stand?

Really do not want to miss out, have to keep eyes open like a hawk.

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2018 at 9:51 AM Post #434 of 464
That comparison hurts my feelings :D And it's almost not a joke. M1060 is garbage that made from garbage.
Maybe it's good for those who wants to try some modification and don't want to break decent headphones. Monoprice is something like mockbuster in the world of heaphones.
Yup, that is Zeos for you - he will say the first thing that jumps to his head. He immediately follows it up by saying, paraphrasing "sell them for 700USD+" meaning he compares them more against the LCD-2s. Zeos is a reviewer that hypes products, not one that gives an in-depth detailed and analytical review based upon data, but what he does he does very well (hyping/sponsoring products for the less extreme enthusiast community) :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back