DIY Planar magnetic heapdhones in details
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 15, 2017 at 8:23 AM Post #47 of 464
I want to achieve quality, durability and good power handling. That's why I've chosen copper. By the way, here is few new photos:
1XIppVtCcKQ.jpg 6CesPRdHXpg.jpg cE0pwYwDsyU.jpg

Please note! That's still a prototype. Some parts aren't painted yet, big gaps, randow screws I've found in my workshop, no grills are installed etc.

May 15, 2017 at 8:38 AM Post #49 of 464
490 grams. Steel heaband made from 0.7mm hardened steel. It looks heavy, but this part weights only about 45 grams. Total weight of magnets is 185 grams. 14 pcs of long bar magnet in each cup.

May 15, 2017 at 9:02 AM Post #52 of 464
Good on you man. I'd totally help you out in your endeavor if you didn't live so far away. I too am spending enourmous amounts of time developing designs on the amplifier end of things that I intend to convert into products. After years of R&D I'm pretty satisfied with the superiority of my amplifier designs. Maybe I can hook you up with some sweet complementary amps for your headphones if we both go pro.
I'm soon going to start experimenting with headphones as well, I'm awed by the quality of what you can do with your machines.
How does your headphones compare to something like the HD800?

May 21, 2017 at 6:53 PM Post #56 of 464
I think using diametrically magnetized cylindrical magnets would be better than using bar magnets. It would be like the Ether flows but without the complex 3D printed wave guides. I found a place to order them but they will have to be custom made.https://www.kjmagnetics.com/custom.asp
looks like me and hifiman came to the same conclusion except they used a "D" like structure to give maximum surface area.
SUSVARA20170510.jpg

May 21, 2017 at 10:15 PM Post #57 of 464
Wow those grilles on that CF set look like they came from a recast R129 mercedes front grille. That should be just, hmm, something interesting. The question is if that car went completly "The Night Flier collab Phantoms" or if it was still doing its "Escape from LA" style.

I wonder what part of a land cruiser would make good grille material...btw thx

Last edited:
May 22, 2017 at 7:36 AM Post #59 of 464
Kennerton, gotta love the name, You know like Kennerton, I think it was a Cereal wayy back when. You remember eh? When they used to Milk the cow's :wink:

Besides the point, electrostat mics and drivers have been around well before the year 1776. That sadly means no patents lawers or pre-lawers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back