DIY Planar magnetic heapdhones in details
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 12, 2018 at 8:22 AM Post #362 of 464
Quick question, which is the best software for 3D printing as I have been using tinkerCAD but I fine that limiting for the angled design that I have.

I used to use that before I realised fusion 360 existed, it's made by the same people and has much more sophisticated tools. You'll get a lot more out of it.

Jul 12, 2018 at 8:48 AM Post #364 of 464
I keep trying to download it but I just never find the download link, or maybe am just dumb

Google ''Fusion 360" go on the first link (Autodesk). It should tell you to make an account but just sign in to the one you made when using tinkercad, reload the page and download should be on the third step box.

Jul 13, 2018 at 12:44 PM Post #367 of 464
Last edited:
Jul 14, 2018 at 2:37 PM Post #371 of 464
So i was just messing around with TinkerCAD tryna make a design for a custom Planar (Yes thanks alot for opening this thread it really inspired me) and i came across this......
rRMk289.png

What about bar magnets like that? Or should I shrink the magnets, also the total size of the membrane is 110mm.

Or maybe something like this
2EAgwJf.png

Also wont the semicircular shape of the magnets work as a wave guide or a fazzor?

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2018 at 8:49 AM Post #372 of 464
Well i redesigned it because i thought that those magnets in the first one were tooo crazy big and the design was complete ball sacks and. Also I am aiming for a closed back design. The orange shape is the membrane BTW.
EUPFL1s.png

QEqtMCj.png

RtqtkC3.png

This isnt final since i will be adding bass ports for some air and bass. Also the vertical and parrallel dual magnets would weigh a literal kilo. The magnets are a semicircle for a fazzor or waveguide effect

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2018 at 4:47 AM Post #373 of 464
I followed you with great interest, great work and diffusion, the result seems really excellent. And I join my interest to your support when you put it on sale.

I would like to know if the shape of the diaphragm is not completely circular or you have avoided some form of suppressing resonances of mylar.
I also see in your photos some ripples in the diaphragm, is it intentional? I read you many pages back the idea of using a die.

Regards,

Pedro

Jul 21, 2018 at 4:48 PM Post #374 of 464
I followed you with great interest, great work and diffusion, the result seems really excellent. And I join my interest to your support when you put it on sale.

I would like to know if the shape of the diaphragm is not completely circular or you have avoided some form of suppressing resonances of mylar.
I also see in your photos some ripples in the diaphragm, is it intentional? I read you many pages back the idea of using a die.

Regards,

Pedro
By ripples you mean the holes in the overall diaphragm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back