DiY Planar Magnetic Headphones (On A Budget)
Aug 6, 2019 at 4:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

wrinex

New Head-Fier
Hi there , i am new to the forums but i talked allot with 2 friends of mine for years by now that are really into headphones and posts frequently here : Janosch Simon and Marcus, so i thought i might want to check out what all the fuzz is about. And tried to make my own headphones.

I warn you already i am a complete noob when it comes to headphones , not so much planar magnetics in general. so i can learn allot i guess but i also want to state im not looking for an ultra high end headphones with all the bells and whistles and exotic woods diamond inlay and cabling etc, im in for a functional above average sound :) out of a pair of 15 euro Sennheisers.. (at least the headband and some other parts)

i make mostly videos, if thats oke, here are a few i made and posted the last week or so :) dont mind the intro in part one it was more of a gimmick for the people that watch more often.

also i might remix the audio when i got my mixer back :frowning2:

Diy Planar Magnetic Headphones - Part 1

Diy Planar Magnetic Headphones - Part 2

Diy Planar Magnetic Headphones - Part 3

Diy Planar Magnetic Headphones - Part 4

Diy Planar Magnetic Headphones - Part 5 first music

Diy Planar Magnetic Headphones - Part 6

Diy Planar Magnetic Headphones - Snack 1 / driver nr1 vs driver nr 2

Diy Planar Magnetic Headphones - Snack 2 - My DAC does not compute

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2019 at 1:38 PM Post #5 of 9
I trying to learn and make some headphones/drivers to,
for this time, Its a little difficult, and I destroyed my own, good one.

like your videos. it will take me lots of time to create one like this.
good job, I like it.

Aug 11, 2019 at 11:12 AM Post #7 of 9
And Part 8

And yeah part 8 of The DIY Planar magnetic Headphones. Assembly of the components.
there will be a last part where i modify a few things.
its a long and slow video. since it was few hours past midnight :) have fun

Feb 7, 2022 at 6:34 AM Post #9 of 9
Hi there , i am new to the forums but i talked allot with 2 friends of mine for years by now that are really into headphones and posts frequently here : Janosch Simon and Marcus, so i thought i might want to check out what all the fuzz is about. And tried to make my own headphones.

I warn you already i am a complete noob when it comes to headphones , not so much planar magnetics in general. so i can learn allot i guess but i also want to state im not looking for an ultra high end headphones with all the bells and whistles and exotic woods diamond inlay and cabling etc, im in for a functional above average sound :) out of a pair of 15 euro Sennheisers.. (at least the headband and some other parts)

i make mostly videos, if thats oke, here are a few i made and posted the last week or so :) dont mind the intro in part one it was more of a gimmick for the people that watch more often.

also i might remix the audio when i got my mixer back :frowning2:

Diy Planar Magnetic Headphones - Part 1

Diy Planar Magnetic Headphones - Part 2

Diy Planar Magnetic Headphones - Part 3

Diy Planar Magnetic Headphones - Part 4

Diy Planar Magnetic Headphones - Part 5 first music

Diy Planar Magnetic Headphones - Part 6

Diy Planar Magnetic Headphones - Snack 1 / driver nr1 vs driver nr 2

Diy Planar Magnetic Headphones - Snack 2 - My DAC does not compute

Hello, please let me know where can I find the required magnets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back