DIY or Factory fix? AT M50s
Jun 29, 2012 at 12:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

tracer9191

New Head-Fier
Okay,

So after taking my Audio Technicas to work today, I was quite surprised when the left channel cut out as i was walking through the factory with them on. After further inspection, I believe that the problem lies where the cable enters the 3.5mm jack. The spring relief has been popped out for a while and I think that the cable finally broke in a small section near the jack. 

So my first question, should I send them into AT and pay for them to replace the jack and/or cable at what ever price they give me, or should I cut the cord, shorten the length up a bit (its too long in my opinion), and re-terminate it with a new 3.5mm jack? If I do it myself, what brands of jacks would you recommend using (3.5mm of course)?

The second question, If I do send the headphones in to AT to be serviced, do you think if I requested it, they could install the coiled cord instead? I know this may cost extra but the cord is too long as it is and I'm sick of having to twisty-tie up the extra length of cord when moving around with them on. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back