DIY Custom Amplifier and DAC- Project H
Dec 30, 2013 at 11:17 PM Post #78 of 95
  Any plans to open source the designs of the custom circuit boards, assembly instructions, and case so we can build these ourselves? 

TBH, this would not make a very good DIY project because back then I designed it on a modular level and the modules didn't have good synergy, there were various problems because of that.
Furthermore, the custom controller board used a 8051 chipset (not obsolete... yet, but close.) with the source code written in assembly language. Even if I provide the source code, you'll need the hardware to program this chip.

So no, not going to make this an open source project.

Dec 31, 2013 at 12:51 AM Post #79 of 95
  TBH, this would not make a very good DIY project because back then I designed it on a modular level and the modules didn't have good synergy, there were various problems because of that.
Furthermore, the custom controller board used a 8051 chipset (not obsolete... yet, but close.) with the source code written in assembly language. Even if I provide the source code, you'll need the hardware to program this chip.

So no, not going to make this an open source project.

Ok...well thanks for clarifying anyways
redface.gif

Feb 10, 2014 at 4:57 PM Post #81 of 95
I'm not really a EE major or programmer, but I'm curious about the CAD model. Any possibility of seeing those?

Sure, as long as [@]b1o2r3i4s5[/@] is fine with it I can send them to you.

Feb 13, 2014 at 5:17 PM Post #89 of 95
so when is there going to be project-h mk2?

Feb 13, 2014 at 5:22 PM Post #90 of 95
  so when is there going to be project-h mk2?

When Boris wants to build it?
I'd be all up for it if we could use some higher end components and stuff, such as an ES9018 DAC and a better, more powerful amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back