DIY Cmoy - I have some questions
Nov 18, 2011 at 11:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

proid

100+ Head-Fier
I have just finished my first cmoy and it sound wonderful, more than i expected 
biggrin.gif
. Now i want to increase its performance by using better power supply. I'm interested in sijosae discrete rail splitter but i don't know what's the different between these schematics? Which one is better?

And will i get better sound using power supply schematic with tle2426?

Nov 19, 2011 at 1:37 AM Post #2 of 7
Only difference I see between the 2 schematics is the transistors used, which are more or less equivalent. Also, the bottom layout has the diodes tied to virtual ground. I've used these a couple of times and they work well. Probably can source more current that the TLE also. It is possible to build these right into the Cmoy layout that Tangent provides also.

Nov 20, 2011 at 10:33 PM Post #3 of 7
Better to use 2 batteries and a genuine ground, you'll get better performance. If you're worried about damaging your headphones because of a flat battery, waste the current from this rail-splitter on a protection circuit instead.

w

Nov 21, 2011 at 7:28 AM Post #4 of 7
I have just got a AD8620 but i still need a adapter to make it sound. I got it with a very cheap price (5$),  exactly what is in the picture below. can it be fake?

Nov 21, 2011 at 8:09 AM Post #5 of 7
Nov 21, 2011 at 7:11 PM Post #7 of 7
I'm sorry but all the decent chips I have bought off ebay have been fakes,

get one from a reliable supplier it will save hours of anguish trying to troubleshoot the fakes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back