Divorce-Fi
May 20, 2009 at 2:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

stevenkelby

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm sure this isn't the first Divorce-Fi thread, but it's my first.

I have dozens of unanswered PMs and figure I owe some people an explanation, so this is it.

Yes, I'm getting divorced, trying to fix up this house to sell and trying to find a new place to live, plus working too many hours and it's all gotten a bit too much.

If anyone is desperate to contact me or is waiting for sometyhing, send me an email at stevenkelby@hotmail.com.

I just haven't had time to reply to messages, I type too slow too. I do plan to repy to all my PMs eventually but not this week sorry.

Life will go on and everything will be ok, I just need a little time to sort things out.

Thanks everyone for your patience and support.

Steve.

May 20, 2009 at 2:39 PM Post #2 of 16
Sorry to hear Steve. Have some friends coming out of the other end (sold house three weeks ago and finalized divorce last week). It will all get better. Best of luck.

May 20, 2009 at 3:24 PM Post #4 of 16
Sorry to hear that.

I haven't been through a divorce, but I used to do them. Divorce is one of the roughest events people can go through. I hope you have plenty of support and help.

Also, keep in mind that you'll come out OK on the other end. It won't be easy, but you can get through it. Good luck and take care of yourself.

May 20, 2009 at 3:36 PM Post #5 of 16
Very sorry to hear that. I'm sure there will be much understanding in a slow response to PMs or emails. I wish you the best through these rough times.

May 20, 2009 at 3:38 PM Post #6 of 16
Really sorry to hear!
Hope you get it all sorted out without too much hassle, and can move on with your life.
smile.gif

May 20, 2009 at 8:25 PM Post #9 of 16
Having gone through a divorce, I sympathise. It can be as painful as losing a loved one regardless of whose choice it is.
From personal experience, I can tell you that you will get through it o.k.

Try not to isolate yourself. It's hard if all your friends are mutual, but you need friends and emotional support right now.
Don't beat yourself up either. Hindsight is 20/20. We're human beings and these things happen and aren't always logical.
Deal with the practical aspects as required and time will take care of the rest.

I feel for you and hope things go as smoothly as possible.

May 20, 2009 at 9:30 PM Post #10 of 16
Agreed.

Look after yourself - human beings are valuable.

Best wishes

May 20, 2009 at 9:47 PM Post #11 of 16
Not uncommon so your not alone. [size=large]Party at Steve's[/size].

Learn but later. Now, become a pita with friends, family, co-workers. Don't go too deeply in whatever direction you choose for comfort. You need stability while you figure out who you are and what direction you want to go. You deserve that because it's for yourself. You don't want to experience bottom. Takes too long getting up, is a waste of money not to mention how damn hard it is to do. Do not punish yourself. Youth and external influences have killed many a marriages and no fault of either. What you take from this and how you use it will determine who you are. Adversity builds character or kills you.

Hugs and time help a broken heart so give your friends and family notice. Remember your values and who you are. Be true to yourself. If you lie to yourself, you will get lost.

When things get hard, come here and let us abuse you. We're concerned for you man, you're family.

May 21, 2009 at 4:49 AM Post #13 of 16
All the best getting through this tough time.

Some therapy:
Here, My Dear - Marvin Gaye

"I Met A Little Girl"

I met a little girl, sure was fine
Pretty little thing just about blew my mind
She took me home and ahh made love to me
I knew right then and there this is where I wanted to be
Most of my life I had been all, all alone
And you're so sweet to me, don't think I'll ever roam
And then one day as time will pass
I had this feeling that our love would last
Nothing could go wrong and it seemed everything I did
Seemed to please you, all the heartaches you hid

Then one night after we made it, and we were through
That's when I decided I wanted to marry you

Do you take this woman to be your lawful wedded wife
To love, hold and cherish for the rest of your life?
I do, yes I do, I do darlin'
'Cause I love you

Once you really loved me
Once I really loved you

Then time would change you
As time would really change me
We thought our love would stand the test of time
And as I sing this song right now I wonder today, today
If you're a friend of mine

Cry cry cry, I have done some crying
Woman, you have caused my tears to flow
Cry cry cry, do you cry about me?
Do you think about the kind of love we had?

Hal le hallelejah
Hal le lu i'm free
Hal le hallelejah
Hal le lu I'm free

May 22, 2009 at 12:59 AM Post #14 of 16
Sorry for what you are going through, as stated above it is not easy but you will come out allright (went through one so I have been where you are at). Do hope it is amicable and move on as quickly as you can.

May 22, 2009 at 1:32 AM Post #15 of 16
I've never been married and never had a girlfriend but I KNOW it is painful because when my parents divorced, it sucked really bad. My condolances and I know you will pull through. Good luck brother.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back