DITA - The Answer (Truth Edition).
Nov 30, 2014 at 11:18 AM Post #916 of 1,451
Well, if you put it like that, then it isnt worthwhile to pay the extra for the truth either. Similarly it wouldnt make sense to pay a few hundred more for an additional driver like many companies do in a BA iem. The fitear parterre has only two drivers but costs more than the w60. Not exactly the same thing but you get my point.

I'm not simply trying to defend them. But i think the thing about audio products for me is that if we look at materials used, the price is rarely ever justified. We shouldnt put a price based simply on how technologically advanced an earphone is because ultimately, its how it sounds that matters.

And to me, the justification would be that, purely based on sound, the difference between the balanced and the truth is as much as that between the answer and the truth. In this case, sonically, the price would certainly be justified then. Personally, i prefer the answer over the truth, so i wouldnt go the truth or balanced route, but if you do like the sound, then it would make sense to go there.

To be fair, while i didnt like it, an improvement occurred in most aspects if the sound with a change from the answer to the truth, and the truth to the balanced, but it gave up something which was importsnt to me, hence my preference.

Nov 30, 2014 at 11:29 AM Post #917 of 1,451
  Theres no change in the number of wires in the cable...still 4 wires.. just at the end of the cable the wires are soldered individually on the trrs plug. 

For a typical TRS 3.5mm unbalanced headphone, you will have two wires (+,-) per driver joining at the y-split, where the negatives are combined together as common; this results in only three wires from the y-split to the 3.5mm jack. There won't be any reason for a standard TRS 3.5mm to have all four wires run all the way only for the negatives to be terminated together to a 3-connection TRS (and even moreso with "exotic" cable materials where every inch costs plenty), so the unbalanced TRS Truth edition should have a cheaper cable materials-wise compared to the balanced TRRS version

Nov 30, 2014 at 11:31 AM Post #918 of 1,451
I'm not trying to justify anything, I was just hoping to provide a different perspective to things that may not be so apparent. Friends, there are more costs other than raw material that meets the eye. If you think Dita, like many other small brands in this industry, is minting money selling their IEMs, think again. Meanwhile, I'm sure I'll enjoy my Truth balanced, just as I enjoy most things in life by not getting eaten up by the notion that people are out to rip me off a few bucks.

Extra soldering on an existing ground wire to a cheap plug doesn't appeal to me to pay $300 more. I close my case. I myself audited the balanced Dita truth and yes the sound does make the AK240 sounds good. But then again I rather pay for something equivalent on value for money like the K10 or Ref 1 than a company that is trying to rip the consumer off for no obvious technology improvement or upgrade.

Im ok if they had priced their Limited Gold edition higher, similar to the AK240 gold edition with gold cradle or Blue Note with extraordinary effort blues collection.

But No No No No...normal black edition 300 more for a cheap plug? Well they should get a good marketing guy to do a better job than this. 

Nov 30, 2014 at 11:34 AM Post #919 of 1,451
Well, if you put it like that, then it isnt worthwhile to pay the extra for the truth either. Similarly it wouldnt make sense to pay a few hundred more for an additional driver like many companies do in a BA iem. The fitear parterre has only two drivers but costs more than the w60. Not exactly the same thing but you get my point.

I'm not simply trying to defend them. But i think the thing about audio products for me is that if we look at materials used, the price is rarely ever justified. We shouldnt put a price based simply on how technologically advanced an earphone is because ultimately, its how it sounds that matters.

And to me, the justification would be that, purely based on sound, the difference between the balanced and the truth is as much as that between the answer and the truth. In this case, sonically, the price would certainly be justified then. Personally, i prefer the answer over the truth, so i wouldnt go the truth or balanced route, but if you do like the sound, then it would make sense to go there.

To be fair, while i didnt like it, an improvement occurred in most aspects if the sound with a change from the answer to the truth, and the truth to the balanced, but it gave up something which was importsnt to me, hence my preference.

Shouldnt the portable balanced kit credit goes to AK?

Nov 30, 2014 at 11:51 AM Post #920 of 1,451
Extra soldering on an existing ground wire to a cheap plug doesn't appeal to me to pay $300 more. I close my case. I myself audited the balanced Dita truth and yes the sound does make the AK240 sounds good. But then again I rather pay for something equivalent on value for money like the K10 or Ref 1 than a company that is trying to rip the consumer off for no obvious technology improvement or upgrade.

Im ok if they had priced their Limited Gold edition higher, similar to the AK240 gold edition with gold cradle or Blue Note with extraordinary effort blues collection.

But No No No No...normal black edition 300 more for a cheap plug? Well they should get a good marketing guy to do a better job than this. 

Well the k10 is 600sgd more than the balanced truth and the ref 1 is at 1698usd, even more than the k10. Swap in the uber cable and its double the price of the dita. Sooo... i wouldnt for the life of me put them in the same price range. And no we shouldnt use black friday pricing :)

Nov 30, 2014 at 11:55 AM Post #921 of 1,451

Well, maybe you should do all of us a favor and go do some of that soldering work for Dita at the nothing money rate that you are implying it's worth so we wouldn't have to pay $300 for the upgrade!

Nov 30, 2014 at 12:30 PM Post #922 of 1,451
Well, maybe you should do all of us a favor and go do some of that soldering work for Dita at the nothing money rate that you are implying it's worth so we wouldn't have to pay $300 for the upgrade!

dude...you are going personal on this man...its a discussion forum, free expression of views..Please respect me and the forum,

hope you enjoy your Dita.

Nov 30, 2014 at 11:01 PM Post #923 of 1,451
I don't think he went "personal". He offered a different point of view and then was accused of trying to justify their prices. Either way, won't change anything as the price is what it is unfortunately.

Dec 1, 2014 at 12:27 AM Post #924 of 1,451
  dude...you are going personal on this man...its a discussion forum, free expression of views..Please respect me and the forum,

hope you enjoy your Dita.

Dude, my personal view versus your personal view; same respect I show to you as you have shown to Dita and the forum. With so many headfiers here without access to demo gear and have to rely on users' feedback and experiences, we have some moral obligation to provide fair and objective comments.

Being presumptuous about the work involved (do you even understand the difference between a DIY fix and a commercial production run? Or the different costs involved in running a business?) and labelling something as 'cheap' without qualification is being irresponsible. Admitting the balanced Truth 'does make the AK240 sounds good' and in the next para saying {Dita is} 'trying to rip the consumer off for no obvious technology improvement or upgrade' is inconsistent and confusing. Going on to justify the inflated to the stratosphere price tag of AK240 Gold and Blue Note editions, which truly offer no 'technology improvement', in your own words, is just plain contradictory.

You want to be critical, please be able to back it up with contextual facts.

Dec 1, 2014 at 4:02 AM Post #926 of 1,451

Dude, my personal view versus your personal view; same respect I show to you as you have shown to Dita and the forum. With so many headfiers here without access to demo gear and have to rely on users' feedback and experiences, we have some moral obligation to provide fair and objective comments.

Being presumptuous about the work involved (do you even understand the difference between a DIY fix and a commercial production run? Or the different costs involved in running a business?) and labelling something as 'cheap' without qualification is being irresponsible. Admitting the balanced Truth 'does make the AK240 sounds good' and in the next para saying {Dita is} 'trying to rip the consumer off for no obvious technology improvement or upgrade' is inconsistent and confusing. Going on to justify the inflated to the stratosphere price tag of AK240 Gold and Blue Note editions, which truly offer no 'technology improvement', in your own words, is just plain contradictory.

You want to be critical, please be able to back it up with contextual facts.

Oh man...we can do this forever.

Sounds good doesn't mean excellent above all.
I already stated and stand firm in what I believe that its a cheap L shape OM plug for the balanced mode to be used in AK balanced device. Nothing special; no rocket science research and development has been done to make this nor official statement by Dita on the material used of the plug. Photo abstract from this thread album on the actual balanced cable plug used on AK240.

If this is not facts. I don't know what to say. You may reply with your amazing used of words to twist around my words, but facts is facts. I will not reply nor further response. its up to the consumer to judge themselves whether its worth the premium buy.

Dec 1, 2014 at 4:06 AM Post #927 of 1,451
What I said is out of love to the product I love, I want the things I love to be affordable so everyone can try. I am a consumer and I will never forget it. 

Dec 1, 2014 at 4:13 AM Post #928 of 1,451
Well the k10 is 600sgd more than the balanced truth and the ref 1 is at 1698usd, even more than the k10. Swap in the uber cable and its double the price of the dita. Sooo... i wouldnt for the life of me put them in the same price range. And no we shouldnt use black friday pricing
smily_headphones1.gif

K10 Universal 1599
ref 1 1698
Dita black non balanced 999
Dita black Balanced 1300
Dita Gold edition 1450

Dec 1, 2014 at 5:07 AM Post #929 of 1,451

K10 Universal 1599
ref 1 1698
Dita black non balanced 999
Dita black Balanced 1300
Dita Gold edition 1450

300 dollar upgrade from the non balanced to balanced truth

300 dollar upgrade from balanced truth to k10

400 dollar upgrade from balanced truth to the ref 1 ( probably gonna be another 1k if you add the uber cable)

My point is, if the 300 dollar upgrade from the truth balanced to the k10 is negligible putting them in the same price bracket, so is the 300 dollars from the truth to the balanced version :)
And the ref 1, especially with the uber cable which it needs to sing, is pretty darn expensive :)

Dec 1, 2014 at 5:09 AM Post #930 of 1,451

Oh man...we can do this forever.

Sounds good doesn't mean excellent above all.
I already stated and stand firm in what I believe that its a cheap L shape OM plug for the balanced mode to be used in AK balanced device. Nothing special; no rocket science research and development has been done to make this nor official statement by Dita on the material used of the plug. Photo abstract from this thread album on the actual balanced cable plug used on AK240.

If this is not facts. I don't know what to say. You may reply with your amazing used of words to twist around my words, but facts is facts. I will not reply nor further response. its up to the consumer to judge themselves whether its worth the premium buy.

You know, I wrote a different reply but you seem like a nice guy and it's a good day, so let me give this one more try --it's ok if YOU don't think it's worth it, but it is not ok to proclaim IT is not worth it. It is as plain and simple I can say it.

Have a nice life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back