TOUR CLOSED - DITA Audio - Dream US Demo CIEM Tour (Limited Review Tour, Starting July 2017)
Jan 9, 2018 at 12:00 AM Post #106 of 137
It's good that you received the Dream prior to hearing the Fourte. Fourte and Dream may not be IEMs cut from the same cloth. But both share a lot of similarities in their presentation and tuning. A slight U shaped signature and overall bright in tone. Both the IEMs share the same strengths, such as; the soundstage, bass, resolution, separation etc. But the Fourte performs a level above the Dream in all those aspects. And they both share the same weakness, which is the midrange. While the midrange is not completely recessed on both, they don't have sufficient presence to be called a balanced tuning. And so the vocals lack the weight and emotion. And the overall timbre leans towards over-articulation, rather than being natural. But Fourte does present a sense of realism with its airiness and resolution even if it's not accurate.

Jan 9, 2018 at 12:10 AM Post #107 of 137
It's good that you received the Dream prior to hearing the Fourte. Fourte and Dream may not be IEMs cut from the same cloth. But both share a lot of similarities in their presentation and tuning. A slight U shaped signature and overall bright in tone. Both the IEMs share the same strengths, such as; the soundstage, bass, resolution, separation etc. But the Fourte performs a level above the Dream in all those aspects. And they both share the same weakness, which is the midrange. While the midrange is not completely recessed on both, they don't have sufficient presence to be called a balanced tuning. And so the vocals lack the weight and emotion. And the overall timbre leans towards over-articulation, rather than being natural. But Fourte does present a sense of realism with its airiness and resolution even if it's not accurate.

I was lucky enough to listen to @PinkyPowers Fourte for a bit in a mini-meet we had. They were indeed stunning. Even in a fairly noisy coffee shop, the detail was quite impressive. I’m looking forward to the side by side by side with my Maestro’s.

Jan 14, 2018 at 1:36 PM Post #108 of 137
As per the 10 day guideline, I will be hand delivering the Dream kit to @PinkyPowers either Wed or Th of this week. Most likely Thursday (which would be my shipping day). I do really enjoy them, and look forward to a four-way comparison tomorrow with the 64Audio kit and my UM Maestro V2. With coffee in hand, I will be a lucky man indeed.

Jan 18, 2018 at 6:59 PM Post #109 of 137
35163660-A6EB-47CA-A517-E9C8636A261B.jpeg
Begrudgingly, reluctantly and will much crying, whining, x
Cajoling by yours truly the Dreams have been handed to @PinkyPowers. His calm demeanor in my tantrum cannot be overstated. He was the voice of reason, pointing out that even the drive-thru people At McDonalds were gaping at my childish, churlish behavior.

I apologized profusely and wished him well...sigh.

Jan 18, 2018 at 8:24 PM Post #110 of 137
Correct. I have begun patronage over the DITA. They have the disposition of the emotionally frayed, as Lee may have been a bit munch for them.

Timid_Cat11.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2018 at 10:34 AM Post #111 of 137
O09kXhDl.jpg

Jan 19, 2018 at 2:22 PM Post #113 of 137
Very excited to hear the thoughts of Mr. Pinky Powers!

-Collin-

After a few hours of use today at work, I can say I love the sound, but hate the cable. :)

Jan 19, 2018 at 3:21 PM Post #114 of 137
After a few hours of use today at work, I can say I love the sound, but hate the cable. :)

Not sure if you saw my rants in the other thread on the cable, but long story short I couldn't agree more! I have since paired it with a very nice, supple Leonidas and they are much more pleasant to wear :)

-Collin-

Jan 19, 2018 at 3:24 PM Post #115 of 137
I was just thinking Leo would work nicely for this signature. :)

Jan 27, 2018 at 6:49 PM Post #117 of 137
My time is almost up, and I have PM'ed @Shmuel

Jan 29, 2018 at 7:59 PM Post #118 of 137
Last edited:
Jan 30, 2018 at 12:35 AM Post #119 of 137
Pinky's thoughts...

The Dream has been sent out as of this morning to Shmuel.

Good review as usual. It seems to me, that at times you were so taken aback that you typed your thoughts as they came. As you listened. I would consider that unfiltered thoughts, even incomplete, but quite good. It was almost like there was too much to filter at once, so you just let the scribbly-juices flow. Open, honest and we concur on a good bit of what you scribe.

I too, found the Dream a bit thin coming back from the 64Audio's, but thankfully had the Dream for a full two days prior. And it was good, very good to hear solo. Finishing my "attempt," soon...

My compliments to the chef (both the Dream and the review).

Jan 30, 2018 at 9:07 PM Post #120 of 137
Good review as usual. It seems to me, that at times you were so taken aback that you typed your thoughts as they came. As you listened. I would consider that unfiltered thoughts, even incomplete, but quite good. It was almost like there was too much to filter at once, so you just let the scribbly-juices flow. Open, honest and we concur on a good bit of what you scribe.

I too, found the Dream a bit thin coming back from the 64Audio's, but thankfully had the Dream for a full two days prior. And it was good, very good to hear solo. Finishing my "attempt," soon...

My compliments to the chef (both the Dream and the review).

Yes. This goes back to our earlier conversation where I said I never take notes. Not written ones at least. :wink: When writing sound impressions, I always listen as I type. I find the descriptive prose flow more readily. As for the "incomplete" nature of this review, that would be an artifact of my aforementioned process, coupled with a rather brief demo period.
:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back