distortion with MisterX Dynalo
Dec 22, 2008 at 7:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

shleepy

100+ Head-Fier
I have a strange distortion problem with my MisterX Dynalo amp.

I noticed fairly recently that I get distortion on the left side of my headphones after using the amp. I actually thought that it was a DAC problem, but apparently not. Now, what's interesting - I get the noise in the left side of my headphones regardless of which way the RCA cables are plugged in. And yes, it happens with any headphones (all which work fine straight out of my iPod or something).

Another thing is that the distortion builds up... It starts out as little popping at first, until it becomes continual and very noticeable. And finally, one other intersting feature is that this particular distortion stays at the same volume regardless of which way I turn the volume dial on the amp. I get static if I got too high on the volume, but it's independent of this particular noise.

What could the problem be? And how can I fix it, as a non-DIY person?

Oh, and some info about the amp:
It has a single pair of RCA-ins, one 1/4" out for headphones, one volume nob (aluminum?), a couple of switches for crossfeed (on/off, high/low) that I don't use, and external power via an Elpac power supply.

Dec 22, 2008 at 11:10 AM Post #2 of 2
Well, if it's distortion in only left channel and always left channel (switching RCAs doesn't move it), it's likely something funky with the amp. First and obvious thing to do is shoot MisterX a PM. Or of course you can open it up, take photos of the board and post in DIY forum, we'll take a look.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back