Dishonored 2
Jun 26, 2015 at 1:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

abvolt

Headphoneus Supremus
I really enjoyed the first in this now series I thought it was an awesome game, So I was looking forward to number 2 and now were going to get it. This game and Fallout 4 are very much on my list, Anyone here interested in this game I for one will be getting it along with the much anticipated fallout 4. Take a look at this video..

Sep 20, 2015 at 3:45 PM Post #3 of 22
I really hope they give stealth a wider array of abilities. I loved the first game but it was the most fun being violent and aggressive. If you tried to beat the game stealthy (which I did and got the never seen and never kill achievements) you really use blink and that's about it. It's essentially the same scenarios ad nauseum. If they diversify the stealth a little bit like they did to combat it would vastly improve the game imo.

Sep 26, 2015 at 5:24 AM Post #4 of 22
I am personally so pumped about this game that it gives me chills thinking about the trailer. This and Dark Souls III are the most anticipated for me :D

Oct 22, 2015 at 1:09 PM Post #5 of 22
  I really hope they give stealth a wider array of abilities. I loved the first game but it was the most fun being violent and aggressive. If you tried to beat the game stealthy (which I did and got the never seen and never kill achievements) you really use blink and that's about it. It's essentially the same scenarios ad nauseum. If they diversify the stealth a little bit like they did to combat it would vastly improve the game imo.

There are other very useful abilities for stealth gameplay in the first one.  Dark vision, possession, windblast, bend time, but that's about it along with blink.  Enough for me to have a blast for the duration of the game, not as much as a Nightblade in The Elder Scrolls though.

Oct 22, 2015 at 8:19 PM Post #6 of 22
The first in this series was really a fun game I'm looking forward to playing this title..

Oct 23, 2015 at 12:19 PM Post #7 of 22
I consider it the true sequel to the original Thief series of games. I'm very much looking forward to the more challenging modes they mentioned for the second game.
I do hope they give a nice boost to the texture/object detail in the new game the last game suffered a bit due to the low resolution of textures.
The sound propagation engine over headphones was also quite good. I don't think it was full 3d sound but definitely provided an excellent sense of sound placement and environment.

Oct 23, 2015 at 12:24 PM Post #8 of 22
  I consider it the true sequel to the original Thief series of games. I'm very much looking forward to the more challenging modes they mentioned for the second game.
I do hope they give a nice boost to the texture/object detail in the new game the last game suffered a bit due to the low resolution of textures.
The sound propagation engine over headphones was also quite good. I don't think it was full 3d sound but definitely provided an excellent sense of sound placement and environment.

Dishonored is definitely the best stealth since Thief 1 and 2, although it's obviously not a true sequel since it has very little in common (though it's obviously inspired by Thief).  Arkane's previous game, Dark Messiah, is also clearly inspired by Thief (most evident in the atmosphere).

You may want to try The Dark Mod which is a standalone, free mod/platform that's basically Thief on a new engine.  There are hundreds of custom missions/campaigns made for it by various users.

Oct 23, 2015 at 8:36 PM Post #9 of 22
I agree it is a great stealth game can't wait for this new release should be awesome..

Oct 29, 2015 at 11:56 PM Post #11 of 22
Here's a little more on who  Emily Kaldwin the actress playing this part.. Cool vid

Nov 5, 2015 at 5:48 PM Post #13 of 22
hopefully it will be good I enjoyed the first..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back