Disaster strikes my HD600
Feb 2, 2009 at 7:12 PM Post #46 of 61
Well,

I had taken the issue all the way up to the service administrator, and they must have felt sorry for me after how much I spent to repair my HE60 last summer (enough to buy a new HD650), so they are going to warrantee my headphones since they are under 2 years old and send me the headband at no charge!

Talk about great customer service! Now, where is the smiley for "I love you" ??

Feb 2, 2009 at 9:46 PM Post #48 of 61
I feel sorry for you Larry. I think my HD 600s are my favorite set of cans ever. I am glad that Sennheiser helped you out. I would suggest keeping them on a Woo Audio stand or in the box next time.

Feb 2, 2009 at 10:05 PM Post #49 of 61
that was very kind of Sennheiser.

wish more companies had such a great after sales service.

cough...creative ..cough:
http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=227777

they were charging me more than the headphones retail price itself for the repair and that too as last resort.

Feb 2, 2009 at 10:55 PM Post #50 of 61
I normally store them in a Headroom headphone bag with 4 sets of cables, safely on the top of my dresser next to my headphone rig, and pull them out when I want to listen.

But, I was listening to them the night before with my laptop rig and new iBasso D10 and wanted to listen to them again the next day, so I didn't store them away but instead hung them over the arm of the chair. I was devastated when I found them split like that after I sat down to listen again.

Looks like all will be fine in the end, I just got an email saying it is on the way! They knew I needed them for a head-fi meet on 2/14 with wiatrob, naamanf, blutarsky, Sherwood and a couple of others.

Feb 2, 2009 at 10:58 PM Post #51 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocturnal310 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
that was very kind of Sennheiser.

wish more companies had such a great after sales service.

cough...creative ..cough:
Creative HQ1400 - Design Flaw + Bad Customer Service - Notebook Forums and Laptop Discussion

they were charging me more than the headphones retail price itself for the repair and that too as last resort.

Wow that sucks - that is the same problem I had here and Creative just blew you off.

Feb 2, 2009 at 11:49 PM Post #52 of 61
Just read through the thread. Glad they're sending you a headband.

The swap should be quite easy. After popping the 2 plastic clips off at the end of the headband, the whole metal arm thing the cups are connected to will slide out. the headband pad too.

Feb 3, 2009 at 12:37 AM Post #53 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by LostOne.TR /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just read through the thread. Glad they're sending you a headband.

The swap should be quite easy. After popping the 2 plastic clips off at the end of the headband, the whole metal arm thing the cups are connected to will slide out. the headband pad too.

As long as the superglue didn't leak down and glue the pad to the headband I'll be okay...

Feb 3, 2009 at 4:05 AM Post #54 of 61
Quote:

When my HD580 broke in the same place, I just wrapped the break with several wraps of 2-inch wide shipping tape -- it has been working fine like that for several months now -- no problem at all.

If you have glasses that are broken and you tape them too, the tape on the glasses will cancel any resonances of the tape on the headphones.

I can just picture someone walking around outside with taped headphones and taped glasses. And I dare you to walk into a mall.

Feb 3, 2009 at 6:06 AM Post #55 of 61
Great news Larry, I assume you'll have it in time for the meet?

Feb 3, 2009 at 10:50 PM Post #57 of 61
Thats great you are getting a new band.
That will leave you back where you started with the problem of the Sennheiser grip causing pressure discomfort. My HD650 initially felt like some medieval torture device - instead of the rack it was the clamp.
I think trying to loosen them by stretching them over something wider then your head might be an inherently risky choice.
I fixed the problem by taping a piece of clear flexible plastic (similar to a plastic ruler) on top of the band. The plastic had to be very flexible and yet strong to counterbalance the power of the clamp. It looks goofy but works a treat.
I wonder if the extra plastic destroys the resonance damping of the original band? Maybe but at least I can listen in comfort.

Feb 4, 2009 at 12:06 AM Post #58 of 61
Quote:

just got an email saying it is on the way! They knew I needed them for a head-fi meet on 2/14 with wiatrob, naamanf, blutarsky, Sherwood and a couple of others.

Quote:

Great news Larry, I assume you'll have it in time for the meet?

Yup, he'll definitely get it in time. I just got some HD600 grills, new ear cushions, and a HD650 head cushion for my HD580's yesterday. Took 6 days (4 business days) from ordering for them to arrive at my place in CA. The parts were shipped from two different warehouses in two different states (one from IL, the other from CT).

Feb 4, 2009 at 12:07 AM Post #59 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by FaRKle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yup, he'll definitely get it in time. I just got some HD600 grills, new ear cushions, and a HD650 head cushion for my HD580's yesterday. Took exactly 1 wk from ordering for them to arrive at my place in CA. The parts were shipped from two different warehouses in two different states (one from IL, the other from CT).

I figure that at that rate, one might as well just have gotten a HD600 instead.

Feb 4, 2009 at 12:40 AM Post #60 of 61
Well, my first pair of HD600 didn't clamp as hard, but I simply learned to live with the clamp on the newer (white screen) pair which feels just like my HE60 - firm but not a killer. I'm not sure there was ever a difference between the two pair's sound that couldn't be explained by worn pads and a different clamping force.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back