Disassemble stock HD800 Connectors?
Feb 15, 2020 at 8:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

MegaDerpBro

New Head-Fier
How do I disassemble and re use the HD800 connector? I've stripped off the heat sink, but I can't get past this point. I dont want to handle it too roughly for fear of breaking it, but I can't figure out for the life of me how it comes apart.

I want to use the connector for a DIY cable, as paying £25+ for a pair of connectors seems a bit of a waste when I have a pair that were attached to a damaged cable.

Has anyone got any experience with this connector? I've left a short amount of wire still attached, so I can solder my wire to that, if push comes to shove, buy I'd prefer to solder the new wire directly to the pins

Attachments

• 2020-02-16 01.16.13.jpg
    2020-02-16 01.16.13.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 0
Feb 16, 2020 at 11:36 AM Post #2 of 4
hopefully @jfunk will know

Feb 23, 2020 at 11:47 AM Post #3 of 4
Has anyone got any experience with this connector? I've left a short amount of wire still attached, so I can solder my wire to that, if push comes to shove, buy I'd prefer to solder the new wire directly to the pins

Those look a little different from the ones we use but if you scroll down on the link below you can see how the bottom section unscrews, but the ones you have may be different. If you can't the them open then, yes, use a multimeter to figure out which pin attaches to which wire and splice yours on to them
http://www.lunashops.com/goods.php?id=4010

Feb 24, 2020 at 1:11 PM Post #4 of 4
Those look a little different from the ones we use but if you scroll down on the link below you can see how the bottom section unscrews, but the ones you have may be different. If you can't the them open then, yes, use a multimeter to figure out which pin attaches to which wire and splice yours on to them
http://www.lunashops.com/goods.php?id=4010
I tried unscrewing like you suggest but no luck. I've soldered wire to wire and they work fine, my DIY cable is definitely much nicer than stock, and the connectors are also attached with heat shrink, and seem to be attached solidly enough. Thanks for the advice anyway

Users who are viewing this thread

Back