Disassemble Denon AD2000
May 20, 2013 at 7:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

shredzy

New Head-Fier
Anyone know how to disassemble these headphones? Want to give the ear muffs a clean...tried to just pull off the ears muffs but no go, its somehow attached.

May 20, 2013 at 7:28 AM Post #2 of 10
The ear pads are mounted on a plastic ring that screws into the earcup. To get them off, you need to push the ear pad into the cup and twist anti-clockwise, and you should feel the ring 'un-click' and it'll come away. You might need to push quite hard, to stop the pad from rotating around the ring, rather than the ring itself from moving.

May 20, 2013 at 7:44 AM Post #4 of 10
This is quite difficult to do....I can see how its attached but if your pushing into the cup it doesn't stop rotating...almost feel like im going to damaged the can/pad :S

May 20, 2013 at 8:32 AM Post #5 of 10
Yeah, it can be quite tricky
frown.gif
  You need to push hard enough on the pad so you're actually pushing the plastic ring the pad is mounted on - best way seems to be to hold the cup in the palm of one hand and push into your palm 'through' the pad with your other hand. Then, applying lots of pressure, twist anti-clockwise.

There should be no danger of breaking the plastic cups, but if the pads are old, I guess there's the risk they might tear ...

May 20, 2013 at 8:39 AM Post #6 of 10
Quote:
Yeah, it can be quite tricky
frown.gif
  You need to push hard enough on the pad so you're actually pushing the plastic ring the pad is mounted on - best way seems to be to hold the cup in the palm of one hand and push into your palm 'through' the pad with your other hand. Then, applying lots of pressure, twist anti-clockwise.

There should be no danger of breaking the plastic cups, but if the pads are old, I guess there's the risk they might tear ...

Ah I see....ill keep giving it a go, if not ill just give up cause I don't wanna tear it ><

May 20, 2013 at 8:53 AM Post #7 of 10
It's a little bit tricky, sometimes I can open it in a few seconds and sometimes it needs hours ^^

You can also go inside with a thin metal (for example with a thin screw driver) and push/rotate the ring with it. But be careful that you not scratch the lack.

Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back