Disappointed Once More.
Mar 14, 2012 at 4:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Agony

100+ Head-Fier
So, my second pair of UE TF10s came today. Again, they have the same dark, bloated, unclear sound compared to my M50. What's wrong? I expected much more from these IEMs.. Are they supposed to be worse than the M50? Do I need an amp? Is it my source that can't power it? I'm using: iPod Nano 3G, iPod Touch 2G, iPhone 3GS, unamped. All of my files are FLAC, and I'm using the default tips? Maybe my TF10s are fakes? How would I identify a fake set?

Mar 14, 2012 at 5:52 PM Post #2 of 11
I have both, there is no way it is worse than the M50.  Maybe it's just your preferences.  There aren't any fake TF10s..

Mar 14, 2012 at 6:12 PM Post #3 of 11
Unclear sound? Are you kidding ? They sound clearer to me than my full-sized headphones (FA-011). Try different tips and maybe your brain needs some time to adjust for their sound signature.

Mar 14, 2012 at 6:33 PM Post #6 of 11
TF10 definitely benefits from an amp if you have concerns with their signature. I didn't much care for my TF10 (fit was painful, too little sub bass, rotten cable) until I paired them up with an Headstage Arrow 4G - the amp has pulled so much more depth, clarity and soundstage out of them, it is astonishing. So much so that I am now using them for commuting in preference to Westone 4, Radius DDM1 and JVC HA-FXT90. 

Mar 14, 2012 at 6:49 PM Post #8 of 11
Fiio E11, has great transparency, and a good bass boost that doesn't affect the rest of the spectrum.

Mar 14, 2012 at 6:49 PM Post #9 of 11
I don't have a mountain of amps here to draw experience from, but they also sound decent through a SoundMAGIC A10 if budget is under $100.

Mar 15, 2012 at 5:01 AM Post #10 of 11
Even a FiiO E6 will do the TF10's good. Dark and bloated are definitely not what I'd describe the TF10's sound sig, they were very clear with well-extended highs even out of the Sansa Clip+ headphone out.

Mar 15, 2012 at 7:52 AM Post #11 of 11
So, my second pair of UE TF10s came today. Again, they have the same dark, bloated, unclear sound compared to my M50. What's wrong? I expected much more from these IEMs.. Are they supposed to be worse than the M50? Do I need an amp? Is it my source that can't power it? I'm using: iPod Nano 3G, iPod Touch 2G, iPhone 3GS, unamped. All of my files are FLAC, and I'm using the default tips? Maybe my TF10s are fakes? How would I identify a fake set?

What country did your TF10's come from? Apparently UE released a TF15 in China. I've seen a few members post about reading impressions on Chinese sites that describe them as muddy and dark. Any chance you've somehow received one of these?

I've never heard of fake BA earphones; just gray market unauthorized sales of genuine products.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back