Disappointed at sennheiser IE 80!!!!!
Jun 26, 2012 at 9:52 AM Post #16 of 58
Quote:
Well we all do hear thing differently lol. I was very disappointed in the Shures. I even considered the IE7s better than them. The only thing nice about the Shures was its mid range IMO and the IE7 was still better in that department. The Shure over exaggerated the mid-range while the IE7 did it in a nice way. The IE80s treble is very silky-smooth and well extended. I don't hear it as veiled at all. Now on the IE8 that is a different story, you needed EQ to find any sort of balance with them due to the excessive mid-bass hump. The IE80 bass reaches lower and deeper than the Shure. The Silver cable also has improved the IE80. I think the new Shure's have a removable cable so I'd be curious to hear it with an upgraded cable. I generally prefer Dynamics to BA TBH. Even my Custom TF10s don't touch my IE80s.

BTW lightingfarron how do you like your IE80 paired to your Studio V? I find them to be a very nice pairing. I just wish the  Studio V didn't have the hiss. The Rocoo BA does address that for the most part though :)

i really like my ie80 with the studio v. it has bring my enjoyment to a whole new level especially in the mids,soundstage and clarity,the hiss also not as loud as i expected. The studio v also pair nicely with my um3x but not as nice as the ie80. Im glad that i followed your advise for the studio v.

Jun 26, 2012 at 10:14 AM Post #17 of 58
Glad you are enjoying it. I generally don't mind the hiss during playback but it can get irritating for me at times. I'm trying to figure out if an ohm adaptor with low enough resistance will do the trick for me. I placed an order for a 30 ohm adapter hoping that will be the happy medium. 75 ohms just takes the presentation too far away and kills the life in the mid range. I like some intimacy in my big sound :). Good news is the Rocoo BA's hiss is low enough for me not to really pay it much notice during music playback. But she's got to go on tour soon for some of my fellow headfiers :frowning2:...lol

Jun 26, 2012 at 10:35 AM Post #18 of 58
im not sure why but i dont hear much hiss from my studio v. or maybe im not that sensitive with hiss
happy_face1.gif
. silver cable+ie80+ studio V is an really good equation
biggrin.gif
. btw does the BA and the studio V have any different in SQ when paired with ie80?

Jun 26, 2012 at 10:03 PM Post #19 of 58
Quote:
im not sure why but i dont hear much hiss from my studio v. or maybe im not that sensitive with hiss
happy_face1.gif
. silver cable+ie80+ studio V is an really good equation
biggrin.gif
. btw does the BA and the studio V have any different in SQ when paired with ie80?

The Studio V is the overall better unit but the Rocoo BA also has a nice sound of it's own. The Studio V has more emphasis on the Mid-range and it's treble has more energy and detail. The Rocoo BA is flatter IMO but I love the low hiss it has. You are lucky if you don't detect much hiss, I consider that a plus lol. There are a few others who can detect hiss on the Rocoo BA as well while there are others who can't hear it (you lucky buggers :wink:.

Aug 10, 2012 at 3:36 AM Post #21 of 58
I got a pair of these today. And the bass tuning really works. Although, I find at the lowest setting, there is enough bass presence. But trying it out on all the settings to see what is best for me, although highest setting is way too much.

Sep 11, 2012 at 9:43 PM Post #22 of 58
I had the shure 535s and actually found them to have almost zero sub bass.  I love fun sounding iems, (technohead).  Honestly, the shures kinda disappointed me.  They were just too flat for my taste.  Which is what they are designed to be tuned at.  If you like flat, get the shures, if you want your iems to sound like you have two rexxx18s slappin in your ear get the ie80s lol. Sennheiser got it right with the ie80s.  They can either be balanced, or bass-heavy, without losing clarity.  Make sure you arent using any apple products when using iems... they tend to... >_> muddy the mids with almost any iem i can think of, and sharpen the treble past chalkboard scratching levels.

Nov 19, 2012 at 2:03 PM Post #23 of 58
Today i get a chance to compare my IE 80 iem with bose IE2.

AS per the standard i should not compare the above two(Coz IE 80 comes in more luxury level iem then Bose ie2)......but what i found is really pissing me off.....

i did the  compairison with source macbook-pro.

i really surprised to hear first time to bose as the bass comes from it is very smooth and soft compairable to IE 80.Although IE 80 looks good on treable and mid department but if you listen both of them then over all positive impression will go towards bose IE 2.

Coz the level of smoothness and softness in listening to them is really amazed me ......and in front of them i really felt stupid to buy these IE 80!!

even rite now i am not sure wheather my IE 80 is a faulty 1??? coz still i cant able to make any difference in bass tuning functionalty:frowning2:

I bought it as i have seen feedback like its a bass head iem but after listening to bass quality of bose now IE 80 feels to me like a drum sounded like bass...

Requesting all plz help comment on this......wheather my iem is a faulty one or not.......else i will check with sennheiser service.

Nov 19, 2012 at 2:46 PM Post #24 of 58
Quote:
Today i get a chance to compare my IE 80 iem with bose IE2.

AS per the standard i should not compare the above two(Coz IE 80 comes in more luxury level iem then Bose ie2)......but what i found is really pissing me off.....

i did the  compairison with source macbook-pro.

i really surprised to hear first time to bose as the bass comes from it is very smooth and soft compairable to IE 80.Although IE 80 looks good on treable and mid department but if you listen both of them then over all positive impression will go towards bose IE 2.

Coz the level of smoothness and softness in listening to them is really amazed me ......and in front of them i really felt stupid to buy these IE 80!!

even rite now i am not sure wheather my IE 80 is a faulty 1??? coz still i cant able to make any difference in bass tuning functionalty:frowning2:

I bought it as i have seen feedback like its a bass head iem but after listening to bass quality of bose now IE 80 feels to me like a drum sounded like bass...

Requesting all plz help comment on this......wheather my iem is a faulty one or not.......else i will check with sennheiser service.

Dude... i cant believe this...hehehe  almost expected this kind of a post frm u

IE80 isn't a smooth sounding IEM at least comparing to a Bose IE2 .. 2nd Ur IE80's arn't Defective.. 

IE80s arnt bass head iem's... their are more of mid-centric . i guess what has gone wrong is nt with the iems, but with ur influence..  basically for me Bose IE2 is pair of muddy and muffle sounding product. u cant even call it a IEM i guess... but any ways as i told u , ur pretty much experiencing the first light.  its pretty hard to see the sun light after staying a long tym in a dark room isn't it?? .. same theory applies to here as well..  ins-ted of focusing on bass try to see hw the mid-range and highs goes by.. and after-wards ull realize bass isn't everything which a truly High-end IEM delivers...     

Hey man ! No hard feeling right???   just give it sm tym... 
wink_face.gif

Nov 20, 2012 at 2:00 PM Post #25 of 58
Quote:
Dude... i cant believe this...hehehe  almost expected this kind of a post frm u

IE80 isn't a smooth sounding IEM at least comparing to a Bose IE2 .. 2nd Ur IE80's arn't Defective.. 

IE80s arnt bass head iem's... their are more of mid-centric . i guess what has gone wrong is nt with the iems, but with ur influence..  basically for me Bose IE2 is pair of muddy and muffle sounding product. u cant even call it a IEM i guess... but any ways as i told u , ur pretty much experiencing the first light.  its pretty hard to see the sun light after staying a long tym in a dark room isn't it?? .. same theory applies to here as well..  ins-ted of focusing on bass try to see hw the mid-range and highs goes by.. and after-wards ull realize bass isn't everything which a truly High-end IEM delivers...     

Hey man ! No hard feeling right???   just give it sm tym... 
wink_face.gif

Buddy i really appreciate your bold input :)

Dude... i cant believe this...hehehe  ::This is what i have experienced very badly.

almost expected this kind of a post frm u ::Dude my position(Junior head-fier) defines it.Requesting you to have patience and expect some more this kind of post from me.No hard feeling :)

IE80 isn't a smooth sounding IEM at least comparing to a Bose IE2 .. 2nd Ur IE80's arn't Defective..::This is not yet proved as i told one of the functionality is not working.So i am checking with sennheiser support.Will keep you updated on this forum accordingly.

IE80s arnt bass head iem's... their are more of mid-centric . i guess what has gone wrong is nt with the iems, but with ur influence.. ::My experience on IE 80 will frame the same comment.But if u search for feedback of IE 80 over this site it will give a very concise answer which is the root cause of my dubiety

basically for me Bose IE2 is pair of muddy and muffle sounding product. u cant even call it a IEM i guess... ::I do agree on it based on detail representation.

but any ways as i told u , ur pretty much experiencing the first light.  its pretty hard to see the sun light after staying a long tym in a dark room isn't it?? .. same theory applies to here as well..  ins-ted of focusing on bass try to see hw the mid-range and highs goes by.. and after-wards ull realize bass isn't everything which a truly High-end IEM delivers...::I really like this quote.

Hey man ! No hard feeling right??? ::Yep dude you are absolutely correct:)

just give it sm tym... ::Lets see.Actually i got pissed off in-front of my friends....where everyone appreciated the bose ie2 infront of Senn IE 80.But your comments about it gave me a positive hope and an alternate way of visualising them....I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR FEEDBACK.THANKS

Nov 21, 2012 at 7:00 AM Post #26 of 58
Quote:

Buddy i really appreciate your bold input :)

Dude... i cant believe this...hehehe  ::This is what i have experienced very badly.

almost expected this kind of a post frm u ::Dude my position(Junior head-fier) defines it.Requesting you to have patience and expect some more this kind of post from me.No hard feeling :)

IE80 isn't a smooth sounding IEM at least comparing to a Bose IE2 .. 2nd Ur IE80's arn't Defective..::This is not yet proved as i told one of the functionality is not working.So i am checking with sennheiser support.Will keep you updated on this forum accordingly.

IE80s arnt bass head iem's... their are more of mid-centric . i guess what has gone wrong is nt with the iems, but with ur influence.. ::My experience on IE 80 will frame the same comment.But if u search for feedback of IE 80 over this site it will give a very concise answer which is the root cause of my dubiety

basically for me Bose IE2 is pair of muddy and muffle sounding product. u cant even call it a IEM i guess... ::I do agree on it based on detail representation.

but any ways as i told u , ur pretty much experiencing the first light.  its pretty hard to see the sun light after staying a long tym in a dark room isn't it?? .. same theory applies to here as well..  ins-ted of focusing on bass try to see hw the mid-range and highs goes by.. and after-wards ull realize bass isn't everything which a truly High-end IEM delivers...::I really like this quote.

Hey man ! No hard feeling right??? ::Yep dude you are absolutely correct:)

just give it sm tym... ::Lets see.Actually i got pissed off in-front of my friends....where everyone appreciated the bose ie2 infront of Senn IE 80.But your comments about it gave me a positive hope and an alternate way of visualising them....I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR FEEDBACK.THANKS

haha... FRIENDS?? hehe i have lots of them who even compare my Westone 4's with 2$ chines Ear buds.. so i think this is a normal issue hehehe..   dnt give a crap abt others. all that matters abt u and ur music..

cheers! 

Nov 21, 2012 at 7:31 AM Post #27 of 58
Quote:
haha... FRIENDS?? hehe i have lots of them who even compare my Westone 4's with 2$ chines Ear buds.. so i think this is a normal issue hehehe..   dnt give a crap abt others. all that matters abt u and ur music..

cheers! 

Thanks a lot friend:)......u  r really making me comfortable at this zone ....cheers....buddy:)

Nov 28, 2012 at 6:57 AM Post #28 of 58
today i have tested my IE 80 pair with sennheiser support.

I found my pair very healthy:) and they do provide me some professional demo of their IE 80 from where i am able to predict the inner ability of this very professional string.

now i am learning the art of hearing to an professional iem ......and my ears now getting trained ........with my pro pair.

Dec 11, 2012 at 6:38 AM Post #29 of 58
well i got my pair yesterday... i have to say that i was a little bit disappointed... since it sounds exactly like the ie6 i used to own. but today i found it better. it brought the sound of ie6 to another level, more in detail, better image, larger soundstage... I guess the burn in process is actually how we fell in love with our precious pair of headphones, finding the right fit tips, and finding the right amount of bass on ie80..:)

Feb 4, 2013 at 12:18 PM Post #30 of 58
Sennheiser costumer is strange...

I was like to buy sennheiser ie60... so i asked them because they are over ear if u can wear them normal by changing the L ear thing to the right side etc. (it's works for my)
But when i asked it she said she couldn't garanteer it. and said i better could buy a pair of sennheiser of 80 euro rpm (forgot the type )but.. if u can see the sennheiser ie60's are 150 euro rpm so u thought they where a lot better so i mailed back why she compare ear phones from that much difrent from 1 brand.. never received answer back..

i really like sennheiser but i think the costumer can by better.. like the way they helped u..

garantie they are good the ie60 died after 5 months of use by cable broke at 1 of the headphones, and received my money back!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back