Dis-Recommendation on NTRAX custom pads
Jan 23, 2023 at 7:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

balvan

100+ Head-Fier
Hello,
I would like to advise against buying from @NtraX custom pads (https://www.facebook.com/ntraxmoddesign/).

I stumbled upon this custom pad maker - NTRAX MOD Design - on Facebook and I expressed interest in customs pads that would change the sound signature of my D8000 Pro.

He ask - "What sonically improvement you hope to achieve?"
I replied - "a warmer bassier sound, but not booming".

He proceed with asking measurements of the pads and my ears,

Throughout all our conversations he gave the impression that I was talking to an expert while I was saying I have no idea what to choose and that I trust him as this his business making pads. If needed I can share screenshots, but I try to avoid this practice and try to keep things clean. I was sure I was getting advice and design from someone that is an expert on pads, he charged 100$ on charismas discount, usually I think it is 140$ for a pair of pads.

He designed the pads, and assured me it will good:
"Yes i understand your preferred"
"This way you keep more air pressure so your bass will be fuller"
"You need forwardness of the midbass...that way sound will be more engaging and thumpy. Too much mid bass will bleed. So must not close so much on material. That's why I chose perf suede to let go some air."

I was never given the impression that he is just a tailor and that I'm responsible for the design, that he just makes the pads and he is not responsible for anything other then their build quality. He was giving advice and assuring me and selecting materials and explaining, never saying that this is just his opinion or anything of the sort.

Then I got the pads.... and WOW, they are absolutely terrible, completely unusable. They create such a strong vacuum, your eardrums pop when you remove the earphones when you pull them off your ears. The sound is completely wrong, and it is painfully to listen to even for a minute as you feel a powerful vacuum tugging on your eardrums. if you put your finger on the sides of the earphones with even the slightest pressure it will push air and will disrupts the driver's Diaphragm and causes screeching sounds until it returns to normal. I was stunned.

I contacted the maker to report this, and I asked to be refunded as these were useless, but he refused, saying that it is on me, he just makes the pads, nothing more - "Hi there, so sorry the configuration did not turn out what you expected".

When i told him I thought I was getting pads from an expert he just said - "I am only an audio enthusiast trying to share my pads".

He also offered to help me sell these to someone else that will contact him and ask for similar pads, I told him no-one should be using these pads. why would I push them on someone else? they are terrible, the solution is let someone else be the victim?

That's is my experience with pads from NTRAX MOD Design, I recommend against dealing with this maker, it is my opinion he does not stand behind his products.

I will add that I waited about a month for the pads to be made and then about 2 weeks for them to be shipped after they were done, while I had to remind the maker again and again and again to check what is going on and why the pads are not being sent.

Screenshot 2023-01-23 141447.jpg

Attachments

• 1111dfs.jpeg
    1111dfs.jpeg
    165.4 KB · Views: 0
  • fgdsgsdfsgdfsdfg.jpg
    fgdsgsdfsgdfsdfg.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
May 27, 2023 at 11:02 AM Post #2 of 4
the dude just press like , refuse to elaborate then left. What

I also order arya pads from him once. maybe because he also has the arya so those pads turn out to be good.

Dec 8, 2023 at 1:01 PM Post #3 of 4
Sorry to necropost, but did you ever find suitable custom pads for your D8000 Pro? Final Audio on their own site mentioned the pads being intentionally designed to not have a perfect seal, so that may be why these custom pads paired poorly with the D8000 Pro for you.

Dec 9, 2023 at 4:27 AM Post #4 of 4
Sorry to necropost, but did you ever find suitable custom pads for your D8000 Pro? Final Audio on their own site mentioned the pads being intentionally designed to not have a perfect seal, so that may be why these custom pads paired poorly with the D8000 Pro for you.
No I did not find anything, and I don't think it's a good idea trying to.
I was just a beginner when I was foolishly trusted that pad maker, now I know better. The D8000 Pro seems very unique, and I do not believe something that's not made by Final will work well with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back