Dirt Cheap Grados...
Aug 18, 2006 at 11:39 PM Post #167 of 414
Bummer when that happens. A lot of folks can end up disapointed for sure.

At least I see that you'll be getting your new cans Monday, Rick. Good news! The ol' nose prints on the front glass indeed!

Unlike speakers, these things do seem to need a uh...little....um...break-in/settle-in.

I'm still looking foreward to getting the Alessandro version of your new SR-325i, but the Wife has currently lost interest in her particular quest. At least for the time being.
rolleyes.gif

But now I'm looking foreward to Monday to see what you think of your new phones!
smily_headphones1.gif

Rich.

Aug 19, 2006 at 12:23 AM Post #168 of 414
Yeah Rich, I couldn't wait any longer. When I spoke with a person from Powermax there was still no clear date as to when they were getting the Grado's in. I still got a pretty good price from a store here in Il.

Aug 19, 2006 at 1:35 AM Post #169 of 414
Is Grado clamping down on retailers selling under MSRP now? It used to be not too hard to find Grados for under retail, but now its looking impossible. I've been looking if I could find a deal on SR-60s to give as a gift, but it's looking just about impossible.

Aug 19, 2006 at 2:03 AM Post #170 of 414
Quote:

Originally Posted by cmirza
Is Grado clamping down on retailers selling under MSRP now?

Based on the reply I received from Powermax, they are.
frown.gif

Had to cancel my order for 325i as well.
Well, at least I can try MS2i instead.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 19, 2006 at 2:05 AM Post #171 of 414
Still waiting on the RS1's. I emailed the other day and the CSR who is handling my case said he had no info yet. If there isnt something in the works why wouldnt he have just admitted that shipment was not imminent and cancelled my order? If Grado isnt going to ship to them what is the benefit of irritating a bunch of customers? Unless thats illegal or something.

Aug 19, 2006 at 2:13 AM Post #172 of 414
Quote:

Originally Posted by nfusion770
Still waiting on the RS1's. I emailed the other day and the CSR who is handling my case said he had no info yet. If there isnt something in the works why wouldnt he have just admitted that shipment was not imminent and cancelled my order? If Grado isnt going to ship to them what is the benefit of irritating a bunch of customers? Unless thats illegal or something.

I was told that there is at least one more week until they know if Grado is honoring their orders or not. So there still is a slim chance to get it. I wouldn't hold my breath though.

Aug 19, 2006 at 2:18 AM Post #173 of 414
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew_WOT
I was told that there is at least one more week until they know if Grado is honoring their orders or not. So there still is a slim chance to get it. I wouldn't hold my breath though.

Thanks- but with the bit of info I am more likely to hold out- it was a great deal if it ever pans out. If not- no harm done I guess.

Aug 19, 2006 at 3:08 AM Post #174 of 414
I'll take my chances and wait as well. The discounted rate for a new rs-1 made it 'justifiable' to pull the trigger. I'm not sure i could do it for list price. I hope my dream of owning a new rs-1 isn't crushed. *fingers crossed*

Aug 19, 2006 at 4:15 AM Post #175 of 414
Im in the position that i was not in the market for a new pair of cans but i wanted to try a set aof grados so i jumped on the 325is as that was as much as i wanted to spend at the time. If they show up so be it I bought a sr-60 which or ok at best. If thats the grado signiture sound the 325i's will be gonne for te first dt770 or 990 i can trade for

Aug 19, 2006 at 4:43 AM Post #176 of 414
I'm not sure the fact the CSR can't give status means much. I checked on a Tuesday and they couldn't give me any idea as to when they would ship and two days later I received an e-mail with the UPS tracking info. I've at least received a pair of SR225s (18 days to receive with 2 day shipping) and have had a pair of SR-80s on backorder for 21 days now. I can wait it out and hope they still ship. Otherwise, my son won't be getting them for Christmas (he likes the SR225s alot!)

Aug 21, 2006 at 10:45 PM Post #178 of 414
Quote:

The heck with it. I decided to cancel and explore other options. I have lots of time to entertain the idea of RS1's in the future.

Ah yes; exploring other options. Thank goodness there IS a lot of time!!

Speaking just for me.....thank goodness.

Aug 22, 2006 at 12:19 PM Post #179 of 414
Quote:

Maybe Powermax really doesn't know what Grado will do?

The only people that are irritating, to me, would be Grado, if they are indeed delaying or not honoring orders just to make Powermax look bad in their customers eyes.

Aug 22, 2006 at 4:07 PM Post #180 of 414
Powermax no longer lists any Grado products on their website.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back