Dipped my Earphones in Coffee
Jan 1, 2009 at 1:31 AM Post #16 of 36
My mistake, I thought this was a serious thread.

icon10.gif

Wanna hear a dumb thing that I did today...I've been using my ER6 with my 1G shuffle for sleeping. Two nights ago I hear them shorting out so I figure they've finally crapped out at the plug since it was falling apart at the strain relief.

Today I spent 30 minutes splicing a new plug with 6 inches of cable from a cheap Koss clip-on earbud that I paid about $3 for...works and looks pretty good with heat shrink tubing. Then I discover that my shuffle jack was the problem.

D'OH!

Jan 1, 2009 at 3:01 AM Post #18 of 36
I dont know what all this talk of coffee mellowing the sound is about???? IMO it makes the sound more edgy at least to my ears it does
biggrin.gif

Jan 1, 2009 at 3:19 AM Post #19 of 36
Hmm, my SF5pro seems to have a darker flavor after dipping it into my usual double espresso.

Anyone know if decaf makes the treble brighter? What about using Light milk as opposed to regular milk? Also, does having sugar in the coffee help tame the bass?

Jan 1, 2009 at 4:20 AM Post #20 of 36
And the million dollar question is what happens to the soundstage when a donut is thrown into the mix?

Jan 1, 2009 at 5:55 AM Post #22 of 36
wow I hadnt even thought about complimentary pastry products and their synergy with this mod. how about croissants do they add crispness and air to the notes?? I really must take my W3 down the deli this afternoon and do some extended A/B testing

Quote:

Originally Posted by Signal2Noise /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And the million dollar question is what happens to the soundstage when a donut is thrown into the mix?

LOL LOL these threads are precious. its threads like these that remind me of why I love this place.
beerchug.gif
tongue.gif

Jan 1, 2009 at 6:11 AM Post #24 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what happens if you drop it into beer does the sound get bitter and sour?
smily_headphones1.gif

On Guinness beer my ER4s would probably sound thick.
biggrin.gif

Jan 1, 2009 at 6:19 AM Post #25 of 36
Coffee, ick, not to my taste at all, too dark and veiled.

In a fortuitous accident, I ran my MDR-G73 throught the wash (really), that really cleaned up the treble.

Jan 1, 2009 at 6:39 AM Post #30 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by daysofstatic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i'm gonna try this mod. will report back. is the sound quality noticeably improved?

Too funny!
icon10.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by sungam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love the fact that this thread had already gone where I wanted it to go after the title describing it as dipping rather than dropping
smily_headphones1.gif

same
duggehsmile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back