Dipped my Earphones in Coffee
Dec 31, 2008 at 9:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 36

FlyPenFly

100+ Head-Fier
So the other week I accidentally dipped my CX300 (maybe CX400?) in a cup of luke warm coffee at my desk.

I wasn't too worried about because I never really liked the sound of any Sennheiser products I've owned and just used them as backups or movie watching.

I wiped off as much as I could without opening it up. Tried them again a week later and they still sound exactly the same. I was a bit surprised but there you go.

I'm sure it didn't help in terms longevity and there might be early corrosion but it seems coffee has no ill effects on the CX series of earphones
icon10.gif

Dec 31, 2008 at 9:54 PM Post #3 of 36
Thats what I call extreme tweaking.
Just up the alley of something Patrick would be crazy enough to do...

Dec 31, 2008 at 9:57 PM Post #6 of 36
I accidently dropped an old set of earphones into coffee once. They continued to work as well and surprisingly the music sounded more percolated.

wink.gif

Dec 31, 2008 at 10:07 PM Post #8 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by daysofstatic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i'm gonna try this mod. will report back. is the sound quality noticeably improved?

Yes, after blowdrying, everything sounded clearer, cleaner! (It probably cleaned my
earpiece, removing some earwax) Also, when using green tea, it will make the bass less bloated and improve the highs!
biggrin.gif

(Btw, the last part was a joke, for the ppl who actually believed it
biggrin.gif
)

Dec 31, 2008 at 10:37 PM Post #9 of 36
I once dropped a senn 280 in a cup of jungle juice, when it came out, it had a bose logo on it
redface.gif
!!!

Dec 31, 2008 at 10:47 PM Post #10 of 36
conjuring images of droves of audiophiles in starbucks dipping earphones and IEM's in coffee.

Dec 31, 2008 at 11:11 PM Post #12 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyPenFly /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...Dipping in...Seattle's Best Venezuelan?

Or Brazilian if a hot Venezuelan can't be found.
wink.gif

But I digress....
tongue_smile.gif

Jan 1, 2009 at 12:51 AM Post #13 of 36
I dropped my first pair of se530 into a cup of coffee too, the sound suffers a bit after two days drying(more on left channel)

fortunately, the cable broke and I had a brand new pair soon after.

Maybe the bad cable can still be a good thing...

Jan 1, 2009 at 1:15 AM Post #14 of 36
anyone try the Earl Grey mod?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back