Dilemma: I will heading to Hong Kong to claim my free 6200 dollars! Buy red shure se535!
Feb 6, 2013 at 9:44 AM Post #31 of 43
The maker of the Altmann Tera Player said he fine-tuned its sound using Koss Porta-Pro headphones. I can imagine (if your interpretation is like his and you used the same combo) you'd come away thinking the Porta-Pro achieved near perfect timbre. With all the various other combinations of source, amps, and headphones out there today, how does one judge headphones without including every link in the chain?

Feb 7, 2013 at 2:10 AM Post #32 of 43
So I finally get to test out my 535s during my flight to Hong Kong. I gotta say there's a BIG DIFFERENCE in sound quality on the ground than on the air.
I get less punchy bass when listening to my music on the flight. I guess there's a some kind of air pressure entering the ear canal which effect the sound quality. Also I notice I have to crank up
the volume on the aircraft, because the sound was so low.
Does anyone here agree with my experience?
You get bad ear seal on the plane than on the ground!

Feb 7, 2013 at 2:51 AM Post #33 of 43
That's ambient noise; low-end frequencies tend to get eaten up by ambient noise during commutes (train, metro, bus, plane ride etc.), so bass feels less powerful compared to silent environment.

That's why I still have bassy IEMs for commute even though I tend to like neutral IEMs.

Feb 7, 2013 at 10:13 PM Post #34 of 43
In terms of pricing in earphones, some of them were priced like expensive caviar and some priced like a bag of chips.
My question is do these expensive hi-end earphones priced justifiable? I mean is it reasonable to price them so ridiculously expensive? I mean with that kind of money, you can buy a really nice Apple computer!

Is it the intricate and complicated construction that make them so expensive like making a Rolex watch?

I reckon since earphones are such a niche market, that's they cost really expensive, in order to satisfy a legion of audiophiles?

Feb 7, 2013 at 11:38 PM Post #35 of 43
Quote:
In terms of pricing in earphones, some of them were priced like expensive caviar and some priced like a bag of chips.
My question is do these expensive hi-end earphones priced justifiable? I mean is it reasonable to price them so ridiculously expensive? I mean with that kind of money, you can buy a really nice Apple computer!

Is it the intricate and complicated construction that make them so expensive like making a Rolex watch?

I reckon since earphones are such a niche market, that's they cost really expensive, in order to satisfy a legion of audiophiles?

You're contradicting your own point, lol. You're the only one who said that SE535 is worth the upgrade from SE425, and that one MUST get the flagship when buying an IEM.

Pretty sure I went to great lengths to answer that question :

http://www.head-fi.org/t/645377/is-se535-worthy-of-an-upgrade-from-se425/30#post_9061045

Read the super long version. Basically, no matter how expensive a piece of equipment is, it will still be reasonable to some who appreciates the product. It's basically like asking "why get a $500,000 Bentley if you can just buy a helicopter and travel faster with it?".

Consider this : I think SE535, a 3-balanced armature IEM is overpriced, while I think FitEar F111, a single-BA that sounds like a much cheaper Ety ER-4S, is worth the money; in fact, it is reasonably priced in my opinion. Makes sense or justifiable for you? Maybe not. But it made sense for me.

SUBJECTIVITY MATTERS, BRO.

Feb 14, 2013 at 7:09 AM Post #36 of 43
Quote:
You're contradicting your own point, lol. You're the only one who said that SE535 is worth the upgrade from SE425, and that one MUST get the flagship when buying an IEM.

Pretty sure I went to great lengths to answer that question :

http://www.head-fi.org/t/645377/is-se535-worthy-of-an-upgrade-from-se425/30#post_9061045

Read the super long version. Basically, no matter how expensive a piece of equipment is, it will still be reasonable to some who appreciates the product. It's basically like asking "why get a $500,000 Bentley if you can just buy a helicopter and travel faster with it?".

Consider this : I think SE535, a 3-balanced armature IEM is overpriced, while I think FitEar F111, a single-BA that sounds like a much cheaper Ety ER-4S, is worth the money; in fact, it is reasonably priced in my opinion. Makes sense or justifiable for you? Maybe not. But it made sense for me.

SUBJECTIVITY MATTERS, BRO.

Mind if I ask, are you Japanese?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back