Dilemma about a broken DVP-S7000
Jul 11, 2003 at 5:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Jaz

New Head-Fier
To repair or to replace, that is my question

I bought a used Sony DVP-S7000 dvd player on Ebay, looking of a cheap source DVDP-CDP combo. Unfortunatly, the DVD player that was supposed to be in "good working condition", does not play movies very well. The audio is very good, so I can use it to play CDs, but when I play DVDs, even though the image is clear, I see blinking blue-red flashes across the screen.

If I get the DVP-S7000 repaired, the problem most likely comes from the mecanism, and it should cost me at least US $150...

On the other hand, I could keep the DVP-S7000 as my main source for listening to CDs, and buy a cheap DVD player for playing movies..

I hear the Denon makes some good cheap DVD player...so what do you think about my dilemma?

Could I get for US $150 a good DVD player with "Okay" audio just to play movies, and keep the Sony DVP as my CD source, or should I get the DVP-s7000 repaired?

Jul 12, 2003 at 12:25 AM Post #3 of 4
Radioshack has a progressive scan dvd player for sale 59.95.I have also seen other cheap dvd players advertised for 49.00 in the local papers.

Jul 12, 2003 at 2:19 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally posted by Jaz
Could I get for US $150 a good DVD player with "Okay" audio just to play movies, and keep the Sony DVP as my CD source, or should I get the DVP-s7000 repaired?

Before committing either way, communicate with the seller and see what's going on. A reputable seller will repair it if it arrived damaged. If the damage occurred in shipment, insurance might cover the repair (keep all of the packing until you find out what the seller wants to do).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back