digiZoid ZO Contest: "What does music mean to you?"
Aug 26, 2011 at 6:50 PM Post #62 of 77
Music is an infinite source of experience in life. From they day your parents show you the only way possible how much you mean to them , singing into a belly not being patient enough to wait till you are born. Music was the 1st form of love shown to me.

Music is what your parents play when you can barely walk but they want to see you move to the beat of the music. You don't even know how to talk but music seems to be programed into us.

Music is that one song you dislike that gets played on the radio everyday. One day you are out hanging around with friends having a blast and the song comes up, you make a face like if you smelled the most disgusting fart but you notice everyone else is having fun so you decide to have fun too. Now the song you disliked reminds you of good times and now you enjoy it. Music is a nice way to remember good memories.

Music is meeting a girl who likes Bjork and making beats. You don't really like bjork and don't know the 1st thing about making beats but but now your interested in 3 things. Music is a great way of being influenced.

Music to me is more than listening. It has been a stepping stone to what seems as a never ending source of life experience.

Aug 29, 2011 at 9:24 PM Post #63 of 77
For me, music is a simple, yet pure way to express one's emotions. The style a person plays music reflects their soul, a snapshot of their feelings at one fleeting moment in time. The style of music one listens to represents the deeper emotions at heart. It represents a synergy between your emotions and life; when you feel sad, you search for music that captures a happy emotion. If you want to find calm, you listen to music that contains a peaceful, gentle feel, and so on.

Sep 3, 2011 at 1:03 AM Post #64 of 77
[size=10pt]
[size=10pt]
[size=10pt]
[size=10pt]
[size=10pt]
[size=10pt]
[size=10pt]
[size=10pt]
[size=10pt]
[size=10pt]
[size=10pt]
[size=10pt]
[size=10pt]             music is a means by which a person has the ability to translate the moment:

music is a lifeboat upon stormy seas, a refuge in which I can humbly abode and succor my soul, it rejuvinates, and saves me, it provides me holy communion with my Maker, and links me with his beauty and grace, which this visceral gift of wonderful life denies me; to be present in the body is to be absent from my Lord, until I complete my journeys end, and pass thru unto death, returning into his presence of beauty and Grace, where my spirit will abide, at peace, in union, reunited with the source of all Love; finally to be absent from my body and present with my Lord!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

this is part of my story part of my song:

I was betrayed and decieved, I became broken, and was filled with vile hate for everyone and everything,

and then my music came back to me, in my utmost time of need, it carried me thru to more innocent days, when I was free of want and responsibility, and I was filled with joy and abandoned love for all of Gods creation!

and then It retaught me how to live again in spirit, and supplied me the courage to trudge thru mash pits of fire and pain, as I struggled to climb forth from the black abyss of dispair, I came to terms with the horror and degredation, which is mans true Godless form!

and music bacame a compendium source from which everything and anything came together and happened, a conduit thru which transformed my heart, mind, body, and soul, in the way I thought, moved felt, spoke, laughed, cried, rejoiced; and then somwhere along the line I passed thru somehow, and found His beauty and redeeming grace again, which is our Heavenly Fathers true form, and His love conquers ALL! amen, 

that is the true reality that we have to come to terms with in life, and music is our greatest teacher and reminder of the spiritual battles being fought over our souls, thru powers and principalities, between this world and heaven, we will discover either salvation, or damnation,

and if we CHOOSE and truly want to learn to stand tall and live free, and be able to know the truth of love, joy, pain and sorrow, all the bitter and the sweet, of which life is made of, and has to offer, we all must pass thru, to find our hearts song, and so I beseach you dear children, to remain ever so vigilant and listen closely for his guiding call,  

and so from days past, and from days present, ALL time must return back to the source from whence it came, all our memories and understandings, to be forgotten and remembered no more, and in the end finding the sweet peaceful release of oblivion, setting sail our souls, adrift into the vastness of the cosmos, free to discover and hear our hearts true song of redemtion, one that we can add to the universal symphony of mankind, in where our heavenly father is the supreme conductor,

and at journeys end, we arrive into a future that is torn from timeless pages past, and rewritten into a present filled with hope, again to rise up from the ashes of perdition, into a dawn of victory, as if awaking from someone elses dream, I have now truly become free! and music has had its perfect work in me, in that I have become perfect and complete, lacking nothing, It has again sustained me , and my spirit is fiiled up once more, encompassed in the love of my savoir, I was once dead and now I live, hallelujah ! I have passed thru!  it has again sustained me
[/size]

[/size]

[/size]

[/size]

[/size]

[/size]

[/size]

[/size]

[/size]

[/size]

[/size]

[/size]

[/size]

Sep 4, 2011 at 11:28 AM Post #65 of 77
I'm a singer, and I know firsthand the power of music. There are certain things that sound friggin dumb when you try to say it in words...for instance, that Ne-Yo song 'Sexy Love.' He said "She makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up, and I erupt like a volcano and cover her with my love." The guy just said he came all over the girl! But when you put it to music, it sounds so beautiful. Emotions cannot be conveyed in words alone. Poetry and music are the only ways to do it, and since I'm a singer I'm biased towards music. Viva la Musica!

Sep 9, 2011 at 10:29 PM Post #66 of 77
Music is a tl;dr and earhole pleasuring version of the human condition.

Sep 10, 2011 at 2:56 AM Post #67 of 77
Music is just another part of life and reality that us as human beings can experience. Just like many other things in life music is very diverse. So many variations, there are many different experiences and anyone can enjoy it. Exploring the universe of music is something that I love to do and as time goes on I learn that there are still things I have not even seen or heard. The most important audio equipment is yourself, and if you want to get more indepth then I would say your ears and your mind. If you can have the right state of mind then your emotions can be so much more easily manipulated by the music you hear and by yourself experiencing it. Through and because of my enjoyment of music I hope to one day be able to create music that I can put my soul into. So by this I believe that the more I can enjoy music the better chance that I may one day be able to create awesome music.

Sep 10, 2011 at 1:16 PM Post #68 of 77
Music to me is an emotional conduit. It allows me to express my feelings whether I am (attempting to) create it or just listening to it. I use it to soothe my soul during times of duress, and vent my anger in a safe and constructive manner when I'm angry. When I need an energy lift, I will listen to something heavy and fast or start thrashing (or as I'm told by some people, creating noise) on my guitar. When I want to think or relax, I only need to turn on some classical music.

The great thing about music, is that words need not be sung to bring out emotions. They only enhance those feelings. A slow, wordless dirge can elicit as much sadness and mourning as any ballad or worded medium.

Music is also my creativity outlet. I can share with friends, family, and even strangers something new and unique with every song I write and play. It lets them see a side of me that perhaps my outward appearance may not convey. It allows me to be one of a kind and yet still be part of a larger whole.

In summary, music means a great deal to me. Without it, my life would be incomplete and dull. A life devoid of music is truly not a life worth living.

Sep 12, 2011 at 10:12 AM Post #69 of 77
For me,, music is the raw emotion of composer or singer and can really say what can't be said.
   On one hand, music is beautiful and romantic - Candle in the wind, Set fire to the rain etc are all beautiful, but can you imagine just plainly reciting the lyrics to someone? No, you can't because music is the medium that conveys the message. Romeo used poetry to pull Juliet, but had he have used music instead, he'd have had the whole of Verona at his feet as music is universally known, loved and recognised regardless of language etc and unites people.
 On the other hand you have excitement and happiness. This is the type of music you unknowingly mosh to and dance to and don't care what everyone else think. You feel the excitement of the music and can literally visualise the writers playing it and being in the front row or dance floor. Music like Skrillex's remix of Benny Benassi's Cinema, Led Zepplin's Black dog, Metallica's One or even Green Day's Minority is just pure energy and if you close your eyes it instantly transports you to a dancefloor or concert and can brighten up and moment or day :)
 So in all music to me is emotions and feelings - Happy, sad, energetic, romantic - everything. And  can you imagine where we'd be without music? Not on a site for headphones anyway!

Sep 13, 2011 at 2:33 AM Post #71 of 77
Just wrote a short poem last night which I think describes perfectly what music means to me. Music being a gateway for escape from the difficulties of life, to a place of Zen which might be called a heaven on earth.

Escape:

"The melodies, from speakers dance,
my heart and soul now in a trance,
my current state bears semblance,
to Buddhist monks of old.

And with my mind now black as slate,
to outside realms i can't relate,
my fears and worries now abate,
short lived peace for my soul.

Although the melody now fades,
the bowstrings slow, the chord decays,
a peaceful record now replays:
     Escape now - from my mold.
     Escape now - from life's hold."

Sep 13, 2011 at 9:58 PM Post #72 of 77
Well thanks for all your entries everyone! The contest is officially closed!

Our first winner, by popular vote, is Cliffroyroycole! Congratulations!

We will be reviewing the other entries, and will announce our second winner by tomorrow evening.

Thanks again to all who submitted!

Sep 15, 2011 at 2:06 AM Post #73 of 77
Wow, that was really difficult!  We had some amazing entries to consider, and after much deliberation and debate, we have chosen Ishcabible as our second winner!  Your post spoke to us on many levels, and we hope you will enjoy your ZOwnership.  And, though we didn't find this out until we had already made our choice, Happy Birthday!

We want to thank each and every one of you again who participated, they were fabulous entries and we found many of them to be very profound!  It just proves that the members here truly care about their music and what it means to them.  

UPDATE: Please see our new contest for an opportunity to win one of the first ZO version 2's!   http://www.head-fi.org/t/571877/digizoid-zo-2-contest-show-me-the-zovatar#post_7756789

Sep 15, 2011 at 10:48 PM Post #74 of 77
Yay! Thanks digiZoid! I most certainly will enjoy my ZO! And thanks for the birthday wish! It did in fact made my birthday end on a high note! 

I used way too many exclamations...

Sep 16, 2011 at 10:05 AM Post #75 of 77
Music allows me to escape into the thoughts and feelings of other people who wrote the music. Thats why I only listen to music with vivid lyrics or sounds of things and places completely foreign to me. Sometimes it's melodic death metal, sometimes it's spanish acoustic... I listen to music to escape reality to go on an aural vacation just for a bit, and the quality of my gear allows me to open that portal a little wider each time when I peer into that different realm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back