Digital Source Component Reviews: First Impressions
Nov 13, 2002 at 9:38 PM Post #46 of 54
Ok ill give you a clue: It came from a laboratory in Japan with a 4 and a 7 in the name.

Damn, I think ive given it away.

Nov 16, 2002 at 4:39 PM Post #47 of 54
scrypt,

That's flattering that you found my explanation lucid and helpful. Thank you!

Off-topic: I agree that a poetry overdose might not be really enjoyable. But - since you mentioned it - what about humping with sensual abandon? Isn't any pleasure excessive to the same degree that it lacks purpose? Really, isn't the abolition of a mating season one of mankind's great accomplishments? That and art, of course.

freethetree,

Shigaraki? Or the Progression DAC? Nice. I have done it as well. I put my money where my mouth was and ordered an Audio Note CD 3.1x.

Nov 16, 2002 at 5:27 PM Post #48 of 54
Quote:

Originally posted by freethetree
Ok ill give you a clue: It came from a laboratory in Japan with a 4 and a 7 in the name.

Damn, I think ive given it away.

If you mean the Shigaraki transport/DAC then congratulations. I'm seriously considering sidestepping SACDs for a while in favor of that system. Review please...

Nov 26, 2002 at 5:40 PM Post #51 of 54
Hey Jude, you've probably stumbled upon this already, but you can increase the upsampling to 132k via internal jumpers as outlined by the manual.

If you've tried this, what are your impressions over the 96k sampling rate?

Nov 26, 2002 at 6:00 PM Post #52 of 54
[size=xx-small] Quote:

Originally posted by SumB
Hey Jude, you've probably stumbled upon this already, but you can increase the upsampling to 132k via internal jumpers as outlined by the manual.

If you've tried this, what are your impressions over the 96k sampling rate?

[/size]Actually, yes, I did do this, and the difference between 96k and 132k was difficult for me to detect. Certainly, it was nothing like going from non-upsampling to 96k upsampling, which presents a very obvious difference and a very obvious improvement.

Dec 19, 2002 at 11:58 PM Post #53 of 54
Hey Jude how bout droppin' the turkey leg and beer and finishin'
them there reviews?
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back