Digital out with software
Mar 17, 2009 at 4:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

RAFA

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi

I read through the DIY iMod thread and the basic approach for making a digital out, by soldering some chips etc...

Would it be possible to make an application, if it is possible on the device(for example: ipod touch), which puts out digital data over some pins?

I thought it should be possible, because it works for windows if you use an external DAC...

Mar 17, 2009 at 9:02 PM Post #4 of 6
Hi

To Cobalt: No, I did not mean the Wadia. The reason is that it is not transportable and the most important thing is that, i read that this device takes the analog signal from the ipods and then turn it in digital by itself... But i it is still a nice device for your home system
smily_headphones1.gif

To FallenAngel: Sorry for the question, but what makes this exactly illegal? And what is the authentication chip? I read a lot through the DIY threads, and many cool things had been done with ipods
biggrin.gif
. I mean, chips had been soldered out, new added, and so on... even other software was put on.

Mar 18, 2009 at 12:46 AM Post #5 of 6
the Wadia actually takes the signal off via USB and the converts it to spdif. From what I have read it uses a PCM2704 to do the conversion. There is a discussion over at DiyHIFI about how poor the implementation is.

Mar 18, 2009 at 2:51 PM Post #6 of 6
Yes that's not cool.

However, since I sold my ipod touch i can't do anything to try all this out and work around by myself. And another thing is that fallenangel says that this is illegal, so most people will not try it out, even if they have the skills to do it.

Never mind
smily_headphones1.gif
, because I will receive my Ainol v3000hd pmp today. I am not shure, but it has a TV out, that gives aout an extra signal out for audio... Maybe there could be some chance, to do some C programming and to pull out a digital signal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back