Digital Camera Recommendation
Apr 12, 2006 at 7:14 PM Post #46 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by iq160plus
I bought the SD550 with my wife in mind. Bought her everything under the sun. Here's the cool part...she loves the SD550 AND with 7Megpixels, I love it also. Great pics, and easy to use for her. More than enough advanced features for me.

There has only been two criticisms by others on this camera:
Scratches easy. FIX: Buy a case!
Screen Resolution low? MY COMMENT: It looks absolutely fine. I have absolutely no problems with the built in LCD display.
I dont understand.. Take a 7.1 megapixel pic, 3072 X 2304 pixels, and then need hi-res viewing on a 2.5" screen?!? What's the problem? I guess the people that have a problem also use their camera cell-phone to sell items on eBay also? Duh
Great camera for us. One suggestion for the less technically inclined: I bought an additional 1GIG mem card for it. Way to big for women! It takes too long to go through all the pictures most of the time. It only works out well when I ask for her camera every week, and transfer to HD then make 3 CD backups. Being the way girls are, they will keep taking pics, and then in an "emergency" need to print one, and of course its number 225 our of 505 pictures! One other suggestion: By an extra battery.

I have the SD550 and I love it. It's a little jewel of a camera....well made and finished, good feature set that is not overwhelming, very good resolution, decent little flash. Nice camera to take everyplace.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back