DigiFi Opera - CD quality on wireless?
May 1, 2008 at 5:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

G-man

Formerly known as gautam
May 1, 2008 at 6:04 PM Post #2 of 15
Considering Senn is selling their version of the Kleer technology (MX-W1) for a staggering $600, DigiFi's offering seems a lot more reasonable. If the wireless transmission is as good as they claimed, I'll buy one and replace the earbud with my PK3, only cost 1/4 of the Senn.

May 1, 2008 at 6:24 PM Post #3 of 15
exactly how would you replace the earbud.
i presume u mean the whole driver/headphone bit, not the silicon cover?
and any other opinions? it looks like a normal 3.5mm jack, no special ipod adapter so that is quite good.

Edit: im pretty sure that 600 is an exaggeration, as only 200 pounds in uk, and that was first search. would be cheaper in us, even more cheap if you look around. but still expensive.

May 2, 2008 at 3:41 AM Post #5 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by gautam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
exactly how would you replace the earbud.
i presume u mean the whole driver/headphone bit, not the silicon cover?
and any other opinions? it looks like a normal 3.5mm jack, no special ipod adapter so that is quite good.

Edit: im pretty sure that 600 is an exaggeration, as only 200 pounds in uk, and that was first search. would be cheaper in us, even more cheap if you look around. but still expensive.

It is quite easy. I'll open up the earphone pieces, desolder them, and resolder PK3 in.

No exaggeration about MX-W1 at all. Listed in Senn's website for MSRP of US$599.95

Aug 13, 2008 at 9:42 AM Post #6 of 15
Anyone knows where I can actually buy this online?

Aug 13, 2008 at 5:22 PM Post #7 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It is quite easy. I'll open up the earphone pieces, desolder them, and resolder PK3 in.

No exaggeration about MX-W1 at all. Listed in Senn's website for MSRP of US$599.95

And they list the HD650 at 600$ too
redface.gif

Sennheiser USA - HD650 - Product Details

Aug 15, 2008 at 4:46 PM Post #8 of 15
Aww man? No place outside of Korea selling this reasonable price wireless IEM?

Jan 1, 2009 at 3:27 PM Post #10 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So have you tried this?

Jun 26, 2009 at 1:46 PM Post #13 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by G-man /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hi, was jus surfin and found these. they say that it is wireless, with "cd quality" what do you think, is it a load of crap, or have some merit?

engadget's link: DigiFi's wireless Opera headset supports a 4 person flashmob - Engadget

Official website (korean):
D I G I F I ::

if it is true, then for 98 dollars (50 pounds for me), it is not bad, as i would like to have wireless. and the design aint half bad.

Hello GMAN

I know that in the past it was difficult to find DIGIFI products in Europe

You can now easily purchase them on DIPeComm - HIFI audio wireless

the new OPERA S2 is a good product; I have been able to test it and the KLEER wireless technology is really outstanding!!

Jun 26, 2009 at 3:32 PM Post #14 of 15
Hi G-Man,

I have the new Opera S2 and it does what it says on the packet. Great sound in all range. Its a good build quality too (although had to put a pair of foam earpads over the buds to give a good grip and better seal against background noise). Love em!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back