Different Sennheiser HD600 models
Jan 10, 2024 at 1:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

username643827

100+ Head-Fier
Jan 10, 2024 at 2:16 PM Post #2 of 7
It's been around so long, the look has evolved and the drivers have been tweaked. Some say it's aesthetic only, some say there's a change in sound.

Earlier models were marbled, current production is black like the HD650.

I'm not sure of the first user to post this but certainly not me. This shows the different drivers, though I've also seen marbled ones with silver drivers.

In terms of used pricing, an early production marble with black drivers is worth the most. A Made in Romania current model is worth the least.

6784395.jpg

Jan 10, 2024 at 2:38 PM Post #3 of 7
It's been around so long, the look has evolved and the drivers have been tweaked. Some say it's aesthetic only, some say there's a change in sound.

Earlier models were marbled, current production is black like the HD650.

I'm not sure of the first user to post this but certainly not me. This shows the different drivers, though I've also seen marbled ones with silver drivers.

In terms of used pricing, an early production marble with black drivers is worth the most. A Made in Romania current model is worth the least.

6784395.jpg
In terms of quality, sound does the new ones hold up the old ones?

Jan 10, 2024 at 2:54 PM Post #4 of 7

I did not own them at the same time--I only have the black marbled one now. I bet one of these Sennheiser guys has all of them and can chime in... people have said there is a difference, but how much of a difference, I couldn't speak to.

Jan 10, 2024 at 2:57 PM Post #5 of 7
They're not made in Romania anymore; production has moved back to Ireland.

Some people will swear up and down that you need a certain revision to get the best one, but in my experience comparing older to newer 600s, once you put new earpads on both and the clamp wears in a bit from being right of out of the box they sound the same, and the differences people claim to hear are probably due to varying levels of earpad wear.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2024 at 3:00 PM Post #6 of 7
They're not made in Romania anymore; production has moved back to Ireland.
Yes, I'm aware. I'm saying the Romanian one carries the least used market value.

Jan 10, 2024 at 3:01 PM Post #7 of 7
Yes, I'm aware. I'm saying the Romanian one carries the least used market value.

Gotcha, took "current model" to mean current production, but you just mean since the cosmetic update.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back