Different music genre on different cans???
Jun 24, 2007 at 10:39 PM Post #16 of 26
I prefer classical on HD650s as the wider soundstage separates the instruments further. Also like the depth of the soundstage to push the instruments further away.

For rock, I prefer it closer (proline 750s or Denon D2000). The soundstage is a lot closer and I just think it does a better job.

Jazz, its a tossup. Sometimes I like the Senns, other times the Denons. It just depends more on my mood than anything else.

Jun 24, 2007 at 10:42 PM Post #17 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by grndslm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
EDIT: MDR-V6/7506 is the only Sony product that should be purchased -- PERIOD!

You might find some R10/CD3000 owners disagreeing with you there.

Jun 24, 2007 at 10:58 PM Post #18 of 26
Nevermind the Qualia 010
rolleyes.gif
. I don't even think he's heard any of the SA line let alone the CD3000, R10 or 010.

Jun 25, 2007 at 12:39 AM Post #20 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bozz_Keren /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how about cans for rock, jazz and pop, does ms-1 cover this?

Yes it does. It's a little less suited for the more exciting forms of rock and more toward everything else! It doesn't do a great job with the bigger types of classical, but for most everything else it does a pretty good job! It's presentation is a bit too forward for the types of music where you'd like to be back a few rows.

Jun 25, 2007 at 2:10 AM Post #21 of 26
GS1k and a 7dB bass switch on my amp. All basses covered
tongue.gif
I go through 4 or 5 diverse genres throughout the day, I'd probably spend 20% of my day swapping HPs around if I had to use multiple pairs.

Jun 25, 2007 at 2:29 AM Post #22 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by b0dhi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
GS1k and a 7dB bass switch on my amp. All basses covered
tongue.gif
I go through 4 or 5 diverse genres throughout the day, I'd probably spend 20% of my day swapping HPs around if I had to use multiple pairs.

Aw Hush!
frown.gif

...I'm one of those guys who spends PROBABLY MORE than 20% of the day swapping between MS2i, HD600 and MS-1.
rolleyes.gif

Grrrrrrr.......
mad.gif

wink.gif

Jun 25, 2007 at 3:59 AM Post #23 of 26
I was thinking about this too...

I'm looking to get my first decent headphones and Im choosing between the SR60s (or 80s) or the AKG240S. Thing is that, I wanna get the headphones that matches my musical taste.

-I'm a heavy Rnb listener, so I need bass but I listen to other genres as well (ambient/chill music, rock, soft sounding music ala norah jones, etc). I need something that's flexible-bass when i need it, clarity when i need it.

people say the 80s got more bass (but says needs an amp). I need headphones that I can just pair up with my ipod 5G right off the bat with no amping.

here's my post btw: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=247187

Jun 25, 2007 at 4:32 AM Post #24 of 26
HD650 - Ambient, Electronica, Classical Rock, Classical, Jazz, Ska, D&B, Alternative Rock, Soundtracks, IDM, Rock, Metal, Folk, Progressive Rock, Hip-Hop, GOA/PSY/TRANCE, Hardcore

K701 - Ambient, Electronica, Classical Rock, Classical, Jazz, Alternative Rock, Soundtracks, IDM, Rock, Metal, Folk, Progressive Rock, GOA/PSY/TRANCE, Hardcore

KSC75 - Most IDM, Some Electronica

Jun 26, 2007 at 10:59 AM Post #26 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by troymadison /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HD650 - Ambient, Electronica, Classical Rock, Classical, Jazz, Ska, D&B, Alternative Rock, Soundtracks, IDM, Rock, Metal, Folk, Progressive Rock, Hip-Hop, GOA/PSY/TRANCE, Hardcore

K701 - Ambient, Electronica, Classical Rock, Classical, Jazz, Alternative Rock, Soundtracks, IDM, Rock, Metal, Folk, Progressive Rock, GOA/PSY/TRANCE, Hardcore

KSC75 - Most IDM, Some Electronica

Soundtracks is a genre now?
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back