Difference in RE0 cables?
Oct 29, 2009 at 7:01 PM Post #2 of 10
My experience is that rubber cables are quicker to get a kink in them. Can't speak to durability; Any phones I've killed perished from stupidity, not bad workmanship.

Oct 29, 2009 at 7:05 PM Post #3 of 10
3 versions: PVC -> fabric knit -> PPE

Can't comment on how they compare since I only have the original PVC version (and I have no complaint about it).

Oct 29, 2009 at 7:09 PM Post #4 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
3 versions: PVC -> fabric knit -> PPE

Can't comment on how they compare since I only have the original PVC version (and I have no complaint about it).

Are there any complaints for any version of the cables?

Oct 29, 2009 at 7:42 PM Post #5 of 10
I have the fabric/knit cover and I like it alot. It is slicker feeling than any other rubberish cables, so it untangles very easily. Microphonics aren't too bad, esp with the shirt clip.

Oct 29, 2009 at 8:55 PM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by kmhaynes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have the fabric/knit cover and I like it alot. It is slicker feeling than any other rubberish cables, so it untangles very easily. Microphonics aren't too bad, esp with the shirt clip.

Agreed, I enjoy the knit version quite a bit. But, the new version should be excellent too.

Oct 29, 2009 at 8:58 PM Post #7 of 10
The fabric sure feels nice but microphonics is pretty bad. Sure, you could clip it and insert over the ear, but it's such a hassle every time.

Oct 29, 2009 at 11:03 PM Post #9 of 10
I have the RE2 with the knit cable and the RE0 with the new PPE cable. Without using a clip or wearing over-ear, the microphonics are unbearable with the knit cable. Without using a clip or wearing over-ear, the new cable is much much better in terms of cable noise, but it's still audible if I move my head rapidly. With a clip, I hardly ever hear microphonic noises, but I don't listen while walking or running. The key is to bring the cable joiner all the way up to your chin. I have used the RE0 while walking and the bone conduction caused by contact with the ground makes for a not very enjoyable experience, but this is not unique to the RE0.

P.S. Wearing either of these headphones over-ear changes the sound for me (for the worse), regardless of tip used. I've only read one report of this happening to anyone else on head-fi.

Oct 29, 2009 at 11:09 PM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gossling /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have the RE2 with the knit cable and the RE0 with the new PPE cable. Without using a clip or wearing over-ear, the microphonics are unbearable with the knit cable. Without using a clip or wearing over-ear, the new cable is much much better in terms of cable noise, but it's still audible if I move my head rapidly. With a clip, I hardly ever hear microphonic noises, but I don't listen while walking or running. The key is to bring the cable joiner all the way up to your chin. I have used the RE0 while walking and the bone conduction caused by contact with the ground makes for a not very enjoyable experience, but this is not unique to the RE0.

P.S. Wearing either of these headphones over-ear changes the sound for me (for the worse), regardless of tip used. I've only read one report of this happening to anyone else on head-fi.

Interesting, thanks for the input.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back