Difference between Little Dot MK1 vs Little Dot MK1+?
Nov 2, 2008 at 6:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

chews89

Headphoneus Supremus
As the title implies, what's the difference? If there is a difference, is it large or significant?

Also, does anyone have experience with these portable amps and would recommend them?

Last question, does anyone else find the names of the little dot amps confusing? Because i certainly do, there seems to be so many variations of certain models

Nov 2, 2008 at 7:25 PM Post #2 of 7
The MK1+ seems to be an updated version of the MK1, much like the Little Dot 2+ was an update over the Little Dot 2.

I understand the naming system. If you want confusing names, go look at Intel or AMD processors.

Nov 2, 2008 at 9:45 PM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tridacnid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you want confusing names, go look at Intel or AMD processors.

Nvidia is even worse, almost all of the 9 series GPUs are just rebadged 8 series. Then they throw the GTX2XX series out there. Makes me nerd rage.

Nov 3, 2008 at 9:27 AM Post #4 of 7
Updated version yes, but whats the difference? Since its an "updated" version, am i to assume that it's just a better choice? I mean, for the price, is it a worthy upgrade from the original?

Nov 10, 2008 at 9:38 PM Post #5 of 7
One thing I noticed, is that there are now 2 opamps, one for each channel, also they are NOT changeable, since they are soldered onto the board.

The original MK1 had a dip mounted opamp, so you could change it...

Personally, i found the original MK1 amp really wasnt too good for the denon d2000, with the LT1364 being a much better choice.

I see the new MK1+ has 2 LME49710HA, hopefully better than the original's LM4562. Maybe with the "extra power" feature of the new model will help the opamps a bit...

Here are the changes:
Viewing a thread - Little Dot MK I+ Portable Headphone Amplifier

Nov 11, 2008 at 8:36 AM Post #7 of 7
I also heard the running time for the Mk1+ has dropped slightly compared to the Mk1. There are still Mk1s to be found on ebay, I personally don't think the Mk1+ is worth $50 - $60 more than the Mk1 (and you can get the LT1364 op-amp for a free audio upgrade).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back