Diet-Fi
Jan 12, 2013 at 8:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

MegaHurtz

New Head-Fier
It's the new year, and despite the fact that I am anti-new year's resolution, I'm officially trying to lose a good chunk of weight for 2013. Posting this to see what other people are doing and share ideas.

Wife and I are doing a pretty strict keto diet. Basically, limited to 21g of carbs per day, and about 1600 calories (though cals are less strict), for a 250lb 29y/o male. Ideal diet is 65/30/5% of fat/protein/carbs. We've been on it for 8 days so far, and I am down 8 lbs, which I am very proud of. This is with no exercise either, as I really just don't enjoy it. We started on the keto subreddit and expanded from there. www.reddit.com/r/keto for recipe ideas and some amazing results.

Jan 13, 2013 at 2:26 PM Post #2 of 4
I did a similar diet last year and lost 15kg's and have managed to keep it off by limiting carb intake. Not so good though, I managed to get the flu in Vegas and have lost 3kg's more...!

Hope it goes well for you, btw the first week you always lose a lot.

Jan 13, 2013 at 3:17 PM Post #3 of 4
I went on a similar low-carb diet during the summer to get rid of a band of fat round my waist. It worked, with a loss of two stone in two months, and it stayed off. I'd already tried doubling my exercise routine but it had no effect on weight loss. It was all triggered by a report I saw in a paper that implied a band of fat round your waist is as strong an indicator of future diabetes as is obesity.

It could have been a co-incidence but I started picking up infections. I had a cold or sore throat for most of December even though I seldom get infections. I've never had flu in my life and any cold usually clears up within a couple of days.

So in case it had something to do with the change of diet, I swung back a little more towards the carbs end of the scale for a more balanced diet. It's too soon to draw conclusions but the infections are gone and there's been no weight gain so far.

Jan 13, 2013 at 3:29 PM Post #4 of 4
I could do with some diet-fi.
less carbs.. go!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back