Did your Zen Micro get the headphone jack problem?
Apr 25, 2005 at 1:00 AM Post #16 of 23
Bought my zen on March 18th and so far so good, actually perfect. I feel like I have the best player ever manufactured, works great, sounds great, transfers songs perfectly. No issues here, I also hope there will be none in the future...

[sorry for crappy english]
Max

Apr 25, 2005 at 1:04 AM Post #17 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by olsonbock623
Yeah I had the headphone jack problem. Sent it back and got an ipod mini. I wanted the extra features with the zen and it sounded great too (the stock earbuds were actually decent compared to the Ipod earbuds), but the interface on the ipod is loads better, the battery life is better, and it doesn't have issues like the zen.

Did you get the 4gb or the 6gb version?

Apr 25, 2005 at 7:41 PM Post #18 of 23
I sent my broken Micro to Creative today. I sent only the player, not the earphones, batteries or other stuff that came with the player. Will they send me a new Micro with new earphones, battery, charger etc. or just a new player?

Apr 25, 2005 at 11:07 PM Post #19 of 23
Mine went dead after a short 28 days of use. Wish i woulda thought of the con-o-air before i sent it back, I liked the micro, but don't want a "brittle" dap.

Apr 26, 2005 at 1:01 AM Post #20 of 23
Haha, ever heard of the horror movie, [size=medium]28 DAYS LATER[/size]??
LOL

Mines awesome so far! no problems, and im delicate with mine too, so ya it better not break!

Apr 26, 2005 at 1:14 AM Post #21 of 23
no nothing wrong with my headphone jack (and I plug headphones in a lot keeping them in cases)
however I just went digging for my "proof of purchase" to warranty it since I found dust underneath the screen and I have no idea how it could get in there and it makes it look like crap from scratches but I'm not putting that as a rerason.

my friend has a zen Xtra which got dust under it's screen too twice!

how long should it take for them to get it and ship either a fixed one or new one?
confused.gif

Jun 4, 2005 at 6:26 PM Post #22 of 23
So I picked up a zen micro off ebay, titled as untested, so I basically took a chance with it. It came yesterday, and after picking up a usb cable it booted up nicely. It works fine except when I push the headphone jack sideways, all the lower frequencies (vocals, guitar, drums) dissapear. Cymbols and high vocals are still there though. This is REALLY weird. It's going back to Creative soon, but just wanted to post my experience with it thus far.

Everything else is hella pimp about it though. I use it with MD-33's and Senn HD497's by the way. Same result with both pairs of phones.

Total spent (including shipping and new usb cable) - $77
I Love my Zen Micro!

Jun 4, 2005 at 6:38 PM Post #23 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by daegon
Everything else is hella pimp about it though. I use it with MD-33's and Senn HD497's by the way. Same result with both pairs of phones.

What's the EQ setting you use with your HD497's. I couldn't get a sound that satisfied me when I was using them with the Zen Micro. I use the PX100's with them now and I'm completely satisfied.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back