Did your Zen Micro get the headphone jack problem?
Apr 11, 2005 at 2:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

AManInJapan

Head-Fier
What did you do? I sent mine back to Creative and they gave me a new one but I haven't opened it yet. I was just wondering if other people's broke again after they got a new one.

Apr 11, 2005 at 2:39 AM Post #2 of 23
i thought mine was broken, then i hit it with some compressed air and now its fine. go figure.

Apr 11, 2005 at 2:53 AM Post #4 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by jnev
neither of mine had any problems, but i heard that putting nail polish around the jack fixed the problems...

that was for the carbon's static problem.

Apr 11, 2005 at 3:18 AM Post #5 of 23
my bad
eek.gif

Apr 12, 2005 at 2:53 AM Post #6 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyclone
i thought mine was broken, then i hit it with some compressed air and now its fine. go figure.

Are you serious? Damn, you may be onto something. Someone should go post that idea at the Creative forums, but I'm too lazy..lol

Apr 12, 2005 at 4:15 AM Post #7 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by AManInJapan
Are you serious? Damn, you may be onto something. Someone should go post that idea at the Creative forums, but I'm too lazy..lol

Ya, it was a last resort. I had gone skiing the weekend before and i think some water and residue of some sort had been causing some problems, i let it sit for a couple days, and hit it with air-in-a-can and tada, no more random "cut outs" (it didnt really cut out, the volume just went way down when i messed with the jack).

Apr 12, 2005 at 9:49 AM Post #9 of 23
Yep, mines broken
frown.gif
Waiting for an RMA from Creative.

Apr 24, 2005 at 7:24 AM Post #12 of 23
Mine's fine so far too. I've had it since December 17th. My first remote also got connection problems (after a month). My refurbished replacement is still good but I think it's because I immediately wrapped masking tape around the plug to keep the wire there straight. Knock on wood.

Apr 25, 2005 at 12:19 AM Post #15 of 23
Yeah I had the headphone jack problem. Sent it back and got an ipod mini. I wanted the extra features with the zen and it sounded great too (the stock earbuds were actually decent compared to the Ipod earbuds), but the interface on the ipod is loads better, the battery life is better, and it doesn't have issues like the zen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back