Did you watch Gattaca in school/high school/further education?
Jun 26, 2010 at 11:42 PM Post #17 of 28
I took biology all the way up to the 12th grade and no sir, not once. I saw a lot of silly nonsense videos and a lot of really damn disgusting videos, but never an actual relevant motion picture.

But we did watch the first Mortal Kombat movie one time... Man, that movie is hilarious.

Jul 5, 2010 at 9:55 AM Post #24 of 28
Who watched it when they were 4-11? It was rated 15 over here.

So, of the people who have seen it, more watched in formal education than independently. As I suspected.

There was no great point to this thread other than proving me right and rubbing my friend's nose in it.

Hah!

wink.gif

EK

Jul 7, 2010 at 10:25 PM Post #25 of 28
I watched it by myself, going from 8th grade to 9th grade.  Loved it.  I would not want to watch it in school because we wouldn't be able to finish it in one sitting, which doesn't seem fair to the movie.  Also, I don't like dealing with kids who think making constant comments throughout the movie is funny.

Jul 7, 2010 at 10:33 PM Post #26 of 28
It was an option to watch (and report on) for extra credit in an English class when I was a sophomore in HS, but I watched The Minority Report Instead. I watched Gattaca later on my own, it is now easily one of my favorite movies. We watched a clip from it in a sort of Philosophy/Epistemology class I took this last year.

Jul 8, 2010 at 5:26 AM Post #28 of 28
Didn't watch it in school, no. Can't remember why I first watched it.

Anyway, it's one of nine 10 ratings of my 1000+ IMDb ratings. Amazing film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back