Did you watch Gattaca in school/high school/further education?
Jun 26, 2010 at 6:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

evilking

CAUTION: INCOMPLETE TRADES.
Was just reading the significant purchase thread and someone mentioned watching Gattaca in high school. I also watched Gattaca in a Biology lesson. I have a feeling that a significant number of young people today have seen Gattaca during full time education. Vote above.

tongue.gif

EK

Jun 26, 2010 at 10:12 AM Post #6 of 28
Yep. Got to watch it in my Psych class because my teacher loved the movie and we had nothing to do at the end of the year after APs. One of my favorite movies.

Jun 26, 2010 at 12:51 PM Post #8 of 28
In high school my American Literature teacher played "Aqua Teen Hunger Force" episodes. We also read Hemingway.

Jun 26, 2010 at 2:46 PM Post #10 of 28
I watched it in Modern British Literature. The teacher held degrees in both Philosophy and English so we spent quite some time analyzing the ethical and philosophical aspects of the film. I had already seen it several time previous to the class- Gattaca is one of my favorite movies!

Edit: I can't remember his justification for showing this movie in a British Lit. class other than that he thought it was awesome. In fact, most of that class was mostly on the meaning of life etc. and various philosophical things unrelated to the official topic of the class.

Jun 26, 2010 at 8:54 PM Post #15 of 28
Yes, watched it in English class, in a sort of double-feature with Antz.

"Compare and contrast the...in Gattaca and in Antz"

I remember being shocked by how utterly cool this movie was, and that we were watching it in English class! It's a great movie, full of awesome imagery as well as being both inspirational and philosophical.

Re: ATHF in American Lit, my ex-pat Scottish physics teacher in high school made us watch The Englishman Who Went Up a Hill But Came Down a Mountain, for what reason I don't know, but it was brilliant none the less! This was in addition to episodes of Are You Being Served and Keeping Up Appearances.

High school was quite awesome, but it all balanced out when I landed up in university :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back